Secure Research Data Environment (Pilot)
About Secure Research Data Environment (Pilot)
Eligibility and Access
Access to SRDE is by request for project that require handling high or moderate risk data. To request access, submit the SRDE request form. The form will guide you through the essential details about the project, including the potential requirement of NYU Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval and technical requirements (such as data storage and software).
Once submitted, the request will be reviewed by the SRDE team and the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP).
Not sure if SRDE is the right solution for you? Email the SRDE team and request a consultation. In your email please attach any relevant project documents, such as security guidelines by the data provider, data management plans, etc. An SRDE team member will respond after reviewing the submitted documents and will schedule the consultation.
Data Storage Services Comparison
There are several data sotrage services at NYU. See the File Storage Services Comparison table to determine which service best suits the needs of your project.
Policies and Compliance
- NYU Electronic Data and System Risk Classification System
- Guidelines for Technology in Faculty Research
- For additional technical specifications and support information, please visit the NYU High Performance Computing website (NetID and password may be required).
- Browse Data Sharing Requirements by Federal Agency
- Research Cloud: NIH STRIDES Initiative at NYU