HPC Accounts and Eligibility
NYU high performance computing (HPC) clusters and related resources are available to full-time NYU faculty as well as NYU staff and students with sponsorship from a full-time NYU faculty member.
- Sponsored accounts are active for 12 months. Accounts can be renewed as they reach the end of their active period.
- Faculty, students and staff from the NYU School of Medicine require the sponsorship of an eligible NYU faculty member to access NYU HPC clusters.
- Non-NYU researchers/collaborators can apply for affiliate status before applying for an NYU HPC account. A full-time NYU faculty member must sponsor a non-NYU collaborator for an affiliate status. Please see instructions for affiliate management.
To request an NYU HPC account, please log into NYU Identity Management service and follow the link for Request HPC account.
For information about accessing and using HPC clusters, please see the HPC Support site (Google Sites).
All full-time NYU faculty members (other than NYU Med School) are eligible to become sponsors, and in turn can sponsor:
- NYU degree program students
- Scholars visiting NYU
- NYU research staff
- NYU School of Medicine faculty, staff and students
- Other NYU staff/affiliates with a NetID
- Non-NYU researchers with whom they are actively collaborating
You can request a NetID for your student(s) or collaborator(s) on the NYU Start page. The request form has additional information about affiliates.
HPC Faculty Sponsor Responsibilities
All NYU faculty members acting as a sponsor for an HPC user are responsible for fulfilling the following obligations:
- Approving, managing, or disabling sponsored users associated with you
- Approving or rejecting the purpose for which a sponsored user is requesting an account on NYU HPC resources
- Agreeing to supervise the sponsored individual, to the extent necessary, to ensure proper use of the NYU HPC resources and compliance with all applicable policies
- Responding promptly to account-related requests from HPC staff
Each year, your sponsored users must renew their account. You will need to approve the renewal by logging into the NYU Identity Management service.