IT Locations Access
As part of the effort to keep the NYU community healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic, NYU IT locations have modified their visitation policies, hours of operation, and available services. See below for more information.
The LaGuardia Co-op is a Student Technology Center designed for students to connect and collaborate around the use of technology through a variety of specialized resources, events, and workshops described below. For general information about the Co-op and other STCs, refer to the Student Technology Centers home page.
- Co-op spring 2021 hours Mon-Fri: 11:30am-6:30pm
- Computer workstations at the LaGuardia Co-op can be reserved online.
- Workstations availability is dependent upon demand and safety considerations under the University's COVID-19 precautions. Staff may not be able to approve all requests.
- If you need to cancel your reschedule, please do so at least six (6) hours before your confirmed reservation time.
- Third North will be closed for the spring semester. Please use the LaGuardia Co-op.
- The Kimmel Center (print space) spring 2021 hours will follow Kimmel Center hours of operation.
- Printers at the LaGuardia Co-op and Third North are not available through the NYU Print Service. Please use other printer sites, see the list of NYU Print Station Locations.
- Face coverings are required.
- Be prepared to show your daily COVID-19 screener results.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Programming for spring 2021: We want to continue providing our NYU community with a space to connect and collaborate, no matter where we are all located!
This spring, we will be offering a variety of educational and recreational programming open to all current undergraduate and graduate students. Stay tuned to our Twitch channel, @NYUCoopCrew, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram for updates about our spaces and announcements for future events. See also our Facebook calendar of events.
If you are part of an NYU-affiliated club or organization and are interested in collaborating with STC staff on an upcoming feature or program, please email email@example.com.
The Following Services Have Been Temporarily Suspended During the Spring 2021 Semester
- 80 inch LED Screen
- 2 wall projectors
- Gaming consoles (XboxOne, Playstation 4, Wii U, various games)
- Flexible furniture
- Occupancy: 15-25 people, maximum
- Dimensions: 480 sq. ft.
The Demonstration Space is a reservable feature of the Co-op, designed for Teleconferencing via our Cisco Telepresence system. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in using this space and feature.
- Cisco Teleprescence unit
- 1 wall projector
- 3 whiteboard walls
- Flexible furniture
- Occupancy: 15 to 20 people, maximum
- Dimensions: 363 sq. ft.
- 24 Dual-Boot Mac workstations
- 1 Teaching Lectern with Remote Desktop capabilities
- 2 Wall Projectors, with options for HDMI and Wireless connection
- Occupancy: 25
- 47” Viewing Screen, with options for HDMI and Wireless connection
- 4 chairs, table
- 2 whiteboards
- Occupancy: 4 people
The Co-Op’s lending service allows students to check out various tech accessories for use in the space. Lendable items are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 6 PC laptops with chargers
- 5 15" Macbook Pro laptops with chargers
- Studio-grade headphones (Sony 4MDR7506)
- iPhone (Lightning) and Android (Micro USB) chargers
- 2 Wacom Intuos Draw Tablets
- 2 Hui 4 x 2.23in Tablets
- Various adaptors (HDMI, VGA, Lightning Bolt, etc.)
Note: All lendables are only to be used within the LaGuardia Co-op and cannot be removed from the space.
The Co-op houses several gaming consoles and Virtual Reality capabilities that students can use for development, demonstrations, or recreation.
If you are interested in playing the console games, please come during the Co-Op's open hours, and exchange your ID for a controller. Gaming is open for use when there is no programming running in the Collaboration Space.
If you are interested in using the Virtual Reality machines for development, digital sculpting, or recreation, please make a reservation or fill out a Walk-In form when you arrive.
- Gaming consoles (XboxOne, Playstation 4, Wii U)
- HTC Vive
- Oculus Rift and Touch controllers
- Various games (Please visit the Co-op for full library)
The Co-op’s 2 A/V Recording Booths provide specialized equipment and software that enable students to record a variety of presentations, interviews, podcasts, and voiceover work.
- SONY Camera NEX-VG30
- 2 wireless mics and receivers
- M-Audio Speakers
- USB Powermate Switcher
- Touch panel display (60” Sharp PN-L603B Aquos Touch Screen LED Display)
- Blue Yeti USB Microphone
- Teleprompter Tripod
- Confidence monitor (Sharp 32” LCD Monitor - Model PN-Y325)
- Floor to ceiling Green Screen (Upper Level only)
- Adjustable lighting (Upper Level only)
Book a Group Study Room or a Video Recording Booth on the ground floor.
The Co-op's large-format printer enables students to print large group projects and data visualizations up to 40 inches wide in either color or black and white. Clients must bring their own supplemental wrappings for prints; the Co-op will only roll the print.
Please note that there are fees associated with this service. Clients must pay by debit or credit card or NYU chartfield in-person at the Co-op. Print jobs cannot be released without completed payment. We do not accept Campus Cash.
- Must be a project, presentation, or other signage related to academic activities
- Minimum of 11x17 inches and maximum of 40 inches wide (no full bleed printing; 40-inch wide prints will have an 1/8 inch white frame around them)
- Must be colored to match your desired output
- Exported as a JPG, PDF, or flattened uncompressed TIFF
- Provided on an external drive (files may not be emailed)
- Unreal Engine
- Rhino (5)
- Solidworks (2015)