All Fall ‘21 Instruction is in Brightspace
NYU Brightspace, our new learning management system (LMS), is replacing NYU Classes in fall 2021. Review the faculty/staff page and student page for checklists, getting started guides, self-paced learning, and training. Faculty members, schools may have additional resources to help you get started. Please contact your Ed Tech support team for details.
Getting Started with NYU LMS (Brightspace)
Faculty & Staff Training
Get familiar with the look and feel of Brightspace and learn more about tools, capabilities, and training:
Faculty & Staff Training page
Faculty Checklist for NYU LMS (Brightspace) Course Site Set-Up
NYU LMS (Brightspace) Planning for Summer 2021
Watch the video NYU LMS (Brightspace) Overview for Students
Watch the video NYU LMS (Brightspace) Overview for Faculty & Staff
If you are a faculty member and would like to reuse existing NYU Classes content within NYU LMS (Brightspace), this content will be easily accessible within the new system. NYU IT will be automatically transitioning NYU Classes courses from 2019-forward to NYU LMS (Brightspace). You will be able to reference this content to copy materials into your current or future course offerings. A self-service tool is also available in NYU Classes to migrate course content to NYU LMS (Brightspace).
Visit the Reusing NYU Classes Content page to learn more.
When will I start using NYU LMS (Brightspace)?
NYU will transition from NYU Classes to NYU LMS (Brightspace) in 2021. The current timeline is:
- Spring 2021 - initial adoption period. Schools select a subset of their faculty members to use NYU LMS (Brightspace) and begin broader training efforts.
- Summer 2021 - transition continues. Faculty training continues in preparation for fall. Schools select what portion of their faculty members will use NYU LMS (Brightspace).
- Fall 2021- majority adoption. Most (if not all) faculty members will be using NYU LMS (Brightspace); NYU Classes will remain available, with active courses (on an exception basis) with limited support resources.
- Full transition onto NYU LMS (Brightspace) is targeted by the end of December 2021.
Is there a mobile app for NYU LMS (Brightspace)?
For the best experience on mobile, we recommend using NYU LMS (Brightspace) through your mobile device’s browser. The Brightspace “Pulse” mobile app is not optimized for the best user experience at this time.
How long will faculty and students retain access to NYU Classes?
Faculty and students will have access to NYU Classes through the end of 2021. NYU Classes content from 2019-forward will be brought to NYU LMS as reference material that can be copied forward. Older NYU Classes material will be available upon request.
How do I get support?
- Review the faculty/staff page and student page for guides, self-paced learning, and training opportunities.
- Contact the NYU IT Service Desk to submit a ticket for any issues or questions:
- Contact your local school Educational Technology Support contacts for additional support offerings and resources (Google Doc—NYU NetID/password may be required).