All Fall ‘21 Instruction is in Brightspace
NYU Brightspace, our new learning management system (LMS), is replacing NYU Classes in fall 2021. Review the faculty/staff page and student page for checklists, getting started guides, self-paced learning, and training. Faculty members, schools may have additional resources to help you get started. Please contact your Ed Tech support team for details.
Not Seeing Your Course?
Check with your instructor to see if they created the course and made it active/visible to students.
Getting Started with NYU Brightspace
Faculty & Staff Training
Get familiar with the look and feel of NYU Brightspace and learn more about tools, capabilities, and training:
Faculty & Staff Training page
Faculty Checklist for NYU Brightspace Course Site Set-Up
NYU Brightspace Planning for Summer 2021
If you are a faculty member and would like to reuse existing NYU Classes content within NYU Brightspace, this content will be easily accessible within the new system. NYU IT will be automatically transitioning NYU Classes courses from 2019-forward to NYU Brightspace. You will be able to reference this content to copy materials into your current or future course offerings. A self-service tool is also available in NYU Classes to migrate course content to NYU Brightspace.
Visit the Reusing NYU Classes Content page to learn more.
When will I start using NYU Brightspace?
NYU will transition from NYU Classes to NYU Brightspace in 2021. The current timeline is:
- Spring 2021 - initial adoption period. Schools select a subset of their faculty members to use NYU Brightspace and begin broader training efforts.
- Summer 2021 - transition continues. Faculty training continues in preparation for fall. Schools select what portion of their faculty members will use NYU Brightspace.
- Fall 2021- majority adoption. Most (if not all) faculty members will be using NYU Brightspace; NYU Classes will remain available, with active courses (on an exception basis) with limited support resources.
- Full transition onto NYU Brightspace is targeted by the end of December 2021.
Is there a mobile app for NYU Brightspace?
For the best experience on mobile, we recommend using NYU Brightspace through your mobile device’s browser. The Brightspace “Pulse” mobile app is not optimized for the best user experience at this time.
How long will faculty and students retain access to NYU Classes?
Faculty and students will have access to NYU Classes through the end of 2021. NYU Classes content from 2019-forward will be brought to NYU Brightspace as reference material that can be copied forward. Older NYU Classes material will be available upon request.
How do I get support?
- Review the faculty/staff page and student page for guides, self-paced learning, and training opportunities.
- Contact the NYU IT Service Desk to submit a ticket for any issues or questions:
- Contact your local school Educational Technology Support contacts for additional support offerings and resources (Google Doc—NYU NetID/password may be required).