Student Tech Guide
Tech Services for Students
Whether you're new to NYU or you're a returning community member, NYU IT is here to make it easy for you to find and use essential tech services. Check out our NYU IT Homepage to learn more.
- Reset a forgotten or expired NetID/NYUHome password
- Enroll in NYU Multi-Factor Authentication, then update your devices via the NYU Start Page
- Set up NYU Email on a mobile device
- To connect to NYU Wi-Fi (named 'nyu')
- Set up Zoom: read the Zoom: Getting started guide and learn how to personalize my display name
- In a residence hall? Connect gaming and streaming devices to the nyu-media network
- To protect your computer from viruses and malware, get Endpoint Protection (Malwarebytes) for personally-owned computers.
- Install NYU’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) if you need to use public Wi-Fi or services that would otherwise require you to be on campus
- NYU Engage Event Pass, available in the NYU Mobile app is required for many events and clubs
- Apply for financial support for purchasing remote learning technology, NYU Student Emergency Fund. An FCC program that provides some support for emergency broadband services