Wolfram Research Software Suite
Wolfram Research Software Suite includes Wolfram Alpha Pro, Alpha Notebook Edition, and Mathematica. Mathematica is a general computing environment with organizing algorithmic, visualization, and user interface capabilities. The many mathematical algorithms included in Mathematica make computation easy and fast.
- User: Faculty, Staff, Students, Researchers
- Devices: NYU-owned devices, personal devices
- Platforms: Windows, Mac
- Version: Mathematica 11.3
Distribution and Availability
- NYU-owned Device: Please visit nyu.onthehub.com for more information
- Personal Device: Please visit nyu.onthehub.com for more information
- On Campus Use: NYU Student Technology Centers and Virtual Computer Lab
On-campus use does not include personal licences for this software.
Free for eligible NYU community members
- August 31 annually
- Non-commercial, for academic & research purposes only.
Support, Documentation, and Training
- For support and videos, visit Wolfram.
- For support and training, visit High Performance Computing or contact the HPC team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wolfram Research Software Tutorials
These tutorials are excellent for new users, and can be assigned to students as homework to learn Mathematica outside of class time.
- Hands-on Start to Wolfram Mathematica (Tutorials)
- Mathematica & Wolfram Language Fast Introduction for Math Students (online book)
- How To Topics (Step-by-step instructions)
- Mathematica Resources
- Introduction to Notebooks (interactive open course)
- Examples by Topic (Knowledge base)
Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition Quick Help
- Hands-on Start to Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition (Step-by-step solutions)
Free video webinars and virtual workshop for educators.
Teaching with Wolfram Technology
Mathematica offers an interactive classroom experience that helps students explore and grasp concepts, plus gives faculty the tools they need to easily create supporting course materials, assignments, and presentations.
- Teaching and Learning with Mathematica—Free video course
- Preparing and Giving Presentations
- Wolfram Demonstrations Project (Download pre-built, open-code examples
- Wolfram U Courses on Classroom Resources & Instruction
Research with Mathematica
Mathematica integrates the world's largest collection of algorithms, high-performance computing capabilities, and a powerful visualization engine in one coherent system, making it ideal for academic research in just about any discipline.
Resources for researchers
- Wolfram Language Training Courses—Free video courses
- Parallel Computing in the Wolfram Language—Free video course