NYU Print Service for Departments
Printing for Faculty, Staff, and Admins
Starting fall 2022, NYU will launch a more efficient, secure way of printing to your office printer. The current fleet of multi-function devices (MFD) printers will start to be replaced with new MFDs and will be enrolled in Pharos Secure Print release.
Note: You will be notified before your department starts using this service. Then you can register with Pharos Sentry Print, which uses a three-step process secures printed documents while also conserving resources and helping the environment.
Three-Step Process to Print
Authenticate using your NYU NetID, password, and MFA and follow the Registering and Printing with Pharos Sentry Print Knowledge Base article.
Find a Printer
Locate any MFD printer in your area.
Choose one of the three methods to release your printouts:
- Tap your NYU ID Card on the card reader.
- On the printer touch panel, type in your passcode received during initial registration.
- Download the Sentry Print app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Use the app to Scan the QR code on the multi-function device (MFD) printer.
Each document stays in your Pharos Sentry Print queue up to 48 hours and won’t be printed until you are at the print station.
Reduce Waste: Practice Sustainable Printing
Consider the following strategies to print more sustainably:
- Review documents and only print the pages you need. Use "Print Preview" mode to avoid printing unnecessary pages
- Maintain the default printing settings, including double-sided and black & white (color toner has a greater cost and environmental impact)
- Save ink. When appropriate, adjust margins and font size to use less paper, and consider ink-saving fonts like Calibri, Century Gothic, or an eco-friendly typeface
About NYU Print Service for Departments
Top Support Articles
- Registering and printing with Pharos Sentry Print
- Self-registration for Pharos Sentry Print
- Setting Up Sentry Print App For Mobile QR Code
- Delegating print jobs to other users
- Offline Printing
- Resetting Personal Passcode
- Using the Secure Print Software
- Releasing Documents at the Printer
- Submitting documents as Guest User