Campus Media Event Support
Welcome to Our New Location!
Campus Media Event Support was previously a department of NYU Libraries, but is now officially calling NYU IT home. Check out ServiceLink for request forms, knowledge base articles, and all your Event Support needs.
About Campus Media Event Support
Top Support Articles
Support and Request Form
- Submit a Campus Media Event Support request via NYU ServiceLink (equipment reservation or other support)
- Weekday events requests should be submitted two business days prior to the event.
- Weekend event requests should be submitted five business days prior to the event.
What's Considered an Event?
Campus Media Event Support provides equipment for any activities that do not fit the typical description of a class. Activities classified as events can range from simple meetings to complex multi-day conferences, and are determined by the following criteria:
- Takes place in a space that is atypical for classes
- Takes place during a time that is atypical for classes
- Does not have an assigned course number
- Takes place in a classroom with a technically-complex setup
- Takes place in a classroom but not registered as a class when initially booked
Equipment and Services Offered by Event Support
- Audio and video systems
- Projection equipment and flat panel monitors
- Laptop computers (PC and Mac)
- Operators for events and audio recording
- Demonstrations and training on the proper use of equipment in Registrar-scheduled classrooms
Requesting, Pre-setting, and Canceling
All equipment and service reservations must be requested no less than two business days prior to weekday events and five business days prior to weekend events. NYU-affiliated events servicing and report requests require an account number on the request form. Non-NYU affiliated clients will need to pay by check to NYU. Additional charges will apply to all rush orders and last-minute requests may be offered as a pick-up service only, if possible. Large events require a consultation and walkthrough of the event location.
Events starting at 8am on weekdays and weekends must be pre-set the night before the event. The event requester must arrange for Campus Media Event Support to have access to the event location for early set-up.
Cancellation of weekday events requires at least four hours notice. Weekend events must be canceled by Friday before 4pm or charges for the reserved event will be applied.
Non-NYU Events Services
Campus Media Event Support provides services for external clients, non-NYU affiliated events servicing, and support requests at a different rate. External clients should pay by check to NYU. To request event support, your NYU contact should fill out the request form, or you can contact email@example.com.