NYU Zoom Conference Room Guide
Host or Join a Meeting Using a Laptop or Tablet
Connect your laptop or tablet to access the Zoom app’s tools:
- On your laptop or tablet, open a browser and go to the Zoom web portal: nyu.zoom.us. Click Login to Zoom, then log in with your NetID and password and NYU Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- If you are prompted for a sharing or pairing key, enter the code at the top right corner of the in-room monitor (TV or projector).
- If this method doesn’t work, try the options below.
Host a Meeting That Isn’t in the Zoom App Calendar
- Open a browser and log in at nyu.zoom.us, then open the Zoom app. (Download the Zoom app if you haven’t already: nyu.zoom.us/download.)
- Make sure your device is connected to NYU Wi-Fi.
- Find your meeting. This could be in Brightspace (if you are an instructor), an email, or Google Calendar.
- Make sure you are logged into NYU Zoom.
- Open the Zoom app on your device. Click the Pairing icon next to your photo / initial / avatar. It is a rectangle with Wi-Fi waves projecting from the top.
- Enter the sharing key that is on the top right corner of the in room display.
- Select Join a meeting or New meeting.
- If you are joining you will need the meeting ID.
- If you select, “new meeting,” you will need to send your guests the Meeting ID.
Join a Meeting Using Only the In-Room Equipment
You can also connect to a scheduled NYU Zoom meeting without your own laptop or device using only the in-room audio/visual equipment and details from the meeting invitation.
If the meeting was scheduled in NYU Calendar, tap Meeting List on the in-room control panel then select your meeting from the list.
Click Join on the left side of the in-room control panel, then type in the Meeting ID (and passcode, if one is being used).
Everyone in the room will have 2-way access to the meeting’s other participants using the in-room equipment, but you won’t be able to access the full set of Zoom meeting controls or share your screen unless you connect a laptop or tablet and enter your host key.
NYU Zoom Conference Room: In-Meeting Tools
If you’re try to share a screen from laptop or tablet doesn’t automatically share the laptop or device’s screen to the Zoom Conference Room display:
- Find the in-room control panel and tap Share Content or Camera.
- In the window that opens, make note of the Sharing Key and ensure the “Multiple participants can share simultaneously” option at the bottom is selected.
- In the Zoom app on your laptop or device, click Share Screen (#4 below) and enter the Sharing Key when prompted.
Manage the Meeting Using the Zoom App
Use the toolbar in your device’s Zoom app to manage the meeting. Some options are only available to the meeting host. Popular tools and settings include:
- Mute your device’s mic if you’ll be using the Zoom Conference Room’s mic If there are any remote participants, be sure to mute the speakers on your device too.
- Start or stop your device’s video camera (this will not turn off the in-room camera)
- Use Participants to admit people from the Waiting Room, if in use, and to manage their settings (host only)
- Share your laptop screen or open a whiteboard for collaborative annotation. You’ll need a Sharing Key, as described above.
- Click Record to capture the meeting’s audio and on-screen video to share later (host only)
- To stop or leave the Zoom meeting, click End (host) or Leave Meeting (participant)