Private Generative AI Pilot
NYU IT is partnering with the Office of the Provost and NYU Langone to offer private instances of OpenAI ChatGPT for NYU and NYU Langone community members. NYU Langone community members, please visit the Predictive Analytics & Machine Learning page.
NOTE: If you have a non-sensitive use case for generative AI, please use the public ChatGPT or another genAI tool of interest to you and follow their guidelines for not providing personal information or identifying information to the free or even personal paid portal. That is for personal use only and not suitable for NYU data.
Eligible at NYU:
- Students (with a full-time Faculty or Administrator sponsor)
- Adjunct Instructors (with a departmental sponsor)
NYU’s Private Generative AI Service Pilot
For NYU community members, NYU IT is offering early access to a private generative AI tool pilot. In this case, private means run by NYU as an internal, secure, managed service. The pilot enables you to submit project ideas and request access to utilize the private generative AI pilot for use in research, instruction, or administrative activities performed by Faculty and/or Administrators in NYU.
If you have a project or idea you believe would benefit from a protected, private Open AI ChatGPT service you should request access by submitting your idea. Your project ideas will help us explore a variety of potential uses for Gen AI tools and learn as a community through this experience.
Once submitted, project participants are notified by email within five business days regarding next steps. Next steps may include additional questions to help scope out the project, approval of access to the tool, and the completion of a data use agreement and other relevant items to best understand your project submission.
Please keep in mind the following factors:
- The pilot service is a shared resource; individual access to the web portal occurs on a rolling basis to ensure equitable access.
- Once submitted, project participants are notified by email within three business days regarding next steps. That may include additional questions to help scope out the project, approval of access to the tool, requirement to sign a data use agreement, and other relevant items to best understand your project submission.
- If you have a non-sensitive for generative AI, please use a public tool instead.
Please remember that it is of utmost importance that any use of generative AI applications be in full compliance with existing policies and the law:
- You must not use any generative AI application in connection with or to generate clinical, student, faculty, or employee documentation, such as field notes or named letters.
- You must not use any generative AI application with any protected health information, even if de-identified, or any other legally protected information.
- You must not use any generative AI application with any clinical or human subjects research data, even if de-identified.
- Do not disclose to any generative AI application any confidential business information.
- Do not permit any generative AI application to record or otherwise upload recordings of internal meetings or other non-public NYU activities. (Zoom AI for example, is not recommended at this time.)
- Do not rely upon any generative AI applications or generative AI application results in your work at NYU. You are responsible for independently verifying any generative AI content that pertains to academic or administrative work.
If you have any questions or concerns about this guidance, please email email@example.com.