The Benefits of Using the Duo Mobile App
Note to Staff and Faculty on the Duo Mobile App
All NYU community members will greatly benefit from the many advantages of the Duo Mobile app described below. NYU staff and faculty in particular are strongly encouraged to use the app and the Duo Push feature.
- A Duo push only requires two taps on your smartphone to approve a login.
- Since the Duo app uses wifi, it can be used in places where there is no cellular reception, including other countries.
Generate passcodes for later use
- The Duo app allows you to generate passcodes for later use.
- Generate a batch of ten authentication passcodes using the app to be used for later so you're always prepared even if you don't have your phone with you.
- A Duo push uses cutting-edge, end-to-end encryption.
- The Duo push screen displays detailed information about the application and source device that initiated the authentication request.
- NYU is committed to reducing costs.
- Every time you use Duo to authenticate with MFA, the University saves funds.
About Multi-Factor Authentication (Duo)
Top Support Articles
- Enrolling in Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and installing the Duo Mobile app
- MFA enrollment tips, including setting a default device and push notifications
- Configuring an iPhone to receive Duo Mobile notifications
- MFA can remember you for 24 hours
- Using the Duo Mobile app to generate a passcode (even without internet or cell service)
- What to do if you can't access your MFA device when you need to log in
- Reporting a lost or stolen MFA device
- Using NYU Multi-Factor Authentication while traveling
- MFA troubleshooting FAQ
- Hardware token FAQ
- Info for app or website owners who want to use NYU MFA with their service