Women in Technology
NYU IT launched Women in Technology (WIT) to promote diverse career pathways, as well as to build and nurture a robust support network for female technology professionals at NYU.
To empower women who are working in tech-related professions at NYU, and to encourage them to reach their fullest professional and personal potential by pursuing University career opportunities, taking advantage of professional resources on campus, and employing industry best practices in their fields.
WIT seeks to fulfill its purpose and stay true to its mission as a professional support network for tech women professionals by:
- Creating in-person networking opportunities and online events that attract and advance women who are in or wish to pursue an tech-related profession.
- Hosting events that showcase female leaders in tech.
- Fostering open dialogue about the unique challenges and issues women in technical fields face in today’s workplace.
- Presenting information about opportunities for professional development that offer diverse pathways for growth, including workshops and training sessions.
- Providing volunteering and mentoring opportunities with University partners in and outside the NYU community.
WIT features female trailblazers within the NYU community who have made significant contributions to the technology field. Read about our latest NYU community member profile: Shelly J. Smith.