Further Teaching Resources & Abbreviated Bibliography
General Remote and Online Teaching Resources
- 11 Things to Consider When Moving Your Course Online, Center for Teaching and Learning and Instructional Technology, Connecticut College.
- Best Practices: Online Pedagogy, Harvard University.
- Cohen, Jenae, and Beth Seltzer. “Teaching Effectively During Times of Disruption." Stanford University (online resource).
- Darby, Flower. “How to Be a Better Online Teacher: Advice Guide.” The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Lederman, Doug. “The New Accessibility: Students with Disabilities and Access to Technology.” Inside Higher Education (booklet), March 11, 2020.
- Petrone, Paul. “Suddenly Teaching Online? Free Resources to Help Faculty Affected By Coronavirus.” Linkedin: The Learning Blog, March 17, 2020.
- Quinn, Jarod. “Culturally Responsive Pedagogy Online.” University of Missouri.
- Wernimont, Jacqueline, and Cathy N. Davidson. “Teaching in the Context of COVID-19.” Open access resource.
- Ambrose, Susan A., Michael W. Bridges, Michele DiPietro, Marsha C. Lovett, and Marie K. Norman. How Learning Works: Seven Research-Based Principles for Smart Teaching. San Francisco, Jossey-Bass: 2010.
- Banaji, Mahzarin R., and Anthony G. Greenwald. Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People. New York: Bantam Books, 2013.
- Burgstahler, Sheryl, and Rebecca C. Corey (Eds.) Universal Design in Higher Education: From Principles to Practice. Cambridge: Harvard Education Press, 2008.
- Columbia University Center for Teaching and Learning, “Inclusive Teaching: Supporting All Students in the College Classroom.” Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
- Dweck, Carol. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success. New York: Random House, 2007.
- Hammond, Zaretta. Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain: Promoting Authentic Engagement and Rigor Among Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students. Thousand Oaks, California: Corwin, 2014.
- Hockings, Christine. Inclusive Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: A Synthesis of Research. York: Higher Education Academy, 2010.
- hooks, bell. Teaching to Transgress. New York: Routledge, 1994.
- McNair, Tia Brown, Estela Mara Bensimon, and Lindsey Malcom-Piquez. From Equity Talk to Equity Walk: Expanding Practitioner Knowledge for Racial Justice in Higher Education. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass: 2019.
- Steele, Claude M. Whistling Vivaldi: How Stereotypes Affect Us and What We Can Do. New York: W.W. Norton and Company: 2010.
- Stewart, Abigail J., and Virginia Valian. An Inclusive Academy: Achieving Diversity and Excellence. Cambridge: MIT Press, 2018.
- Sue, Derald Wing. Race Talk and the Conspiracy of Silence: Understanding and Facilitating Difficult Dialogues on Race. Hoboken: Wiley, 2015.
- Vai, Marjorie, and Kristen Sosulski. Essentials of Online Course Design: A Standards-Based Guide. 2nd ed. New York: Routledge, 2015.