The NYU LGBTQ+ Center creates a welcoming environment for students, faculty, staff, and alumni to engage with and develop their understanding of LGBTQ+ communities through programs, events, learning and development, support, resource sharing, and consultation.
Jump To: Programs and Events • Learning and Development • Get Involved • Center Resources
Programs and Events
The LGBTQ+ Center offers educational and community-focused programs and events throughout the year for NYU students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- First Year Queers and Allies (FYQA)
- Lavender Graduation
- LGBTQ+ Faculty and Graduate Student Dinners
- NYC Pride March with NYU
- Queer and Trans People of Color (QTPOC) Gatherings
- Queer Grad Socials
- Queer Leadership Retreat
- Queering Faith
- Quench (Queer + Lunch) Series
- Richie Jackson LGBTQ+ Service Fellows
- Trans Awareness Week
- Trans Inclusion in Higher Education Symposium
Learning and Development
The LGBTQ+ Center provides learning and development focused on how to best support LGBTQ+ communities. Additionally, the Center offers consultation services to faculty, staff, and departments who want to increase their knowledge of, and improve their support for, these communities.
- Intro to NYU LGBTQ+ - A brief overview of terms and strategies to support these communities.
- Safe Zone - Establish foundational knowledge about LGBTQ+ communities, issues these communities face, and LGBTQ+ resources at NYU and beyond.
The LGBTQ+ Center is a hub where students, faculty, staff, and alumni can connect and support one another in myriad ways. Stop by or reach out to the Center to learn more about engaging with LGBTQ+ life on campus and beyond. Or contact one of NYU's many affiliated LGBTQ+ groups, organizations, or networks directly to get involved.
LGBTQ+ Student Groups and Organizations
- Aces & Aros - For people who identify across the asexual or aromantic spectrum and their allies
- CampGrrl* - For lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer women and their allies
- LGBTQ+Faith - For LGBTQ+ students and their allies who want to discuss religion, faith, and spirituality
- New Masculinities* - An inclusive community dedicated to the redefinition and exploration of masculinity.
- Queer Grads - For LGBTQ+ graduate students and their allies
- Queer Union* - For queer activism, education, and community building
- SHADES - For LGBTQ+ students of color and their allies
- T-Party* - For transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming students and their allies
*Those listed with an asterisk are also Student Activities Board (SAB) funded clubs.
Student Activities Board (SAB) funded clubs
Student Activities Board (SAB) funded clubs are student groups that are formally recognized by the University through the Center for Student Life.
- Keshet - NYU's club for LGBTQ+ Jews and allies
- Pride Month - Builds community for LGBTQ+ students through creative, educational, and social events in the month of October
- Delta Lambda Phi - Fraternity for gay, bisexual, and progressive men
- AQUA: Allies & Queers for Understanding and Awareness (Dentistry)
- LGBTQMed (Medicine)
- LGBTQIA2-Nursing Student Association (Nursing)
- oSTEM (Tandon)
- OutClass (Stern - graduate)
- OUTLaw (Law)
- Pride Corp (Stern - undergraduate)
- Pride in Practice (Social Work)
- Sackler LGBTQ+ (Sackler Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences)
- Stonewall Policy Alliance (Wagner)
- Tisch Queer Artist Guild (Tisch)
Pride at Work: NYU’s LGBTQ+ Faculty and Staff Network
Provides LGBTQ+ staff and faculty at NYU with a visible advocacy network in which to build community and enhance both personal and professional skills.
LGBTQ+ Alumni Network
A network for NYU alumni who are members of, or allies to, the LGBTQ+ community. The LGBTQ+ Alumni Network organizes and hosts a range of events, educational programs, and community service opportunities to help NYU graduates stay involved with inclusion and equity on campus.
Additional Resources at the LGBTQ+ Center include:
- Lounge space
- David Bohnett Cyber Center, with printing
- Safer-sex supplies and menstrual products
- NYU Courtesy Meals
- Free coffee and tea
Kimmel Center for University Life
9:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m. ET
9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. ET