Your Journey Awaits
Even with a diversity of past adventures, everyone's path has landed them here at this moment with the opportunity to connect with students from around the world. NYU Welcome hosts an exciting variety of programs, events, and initiatives to support your transition to NYU at the beginning of both fall and spring semesters. We can't wait to welcome you and take you on your NYU journey this semester!
Video produced and directed by NYU Welcome staff
At the beginning of each semester, NYU students can access the events list on NYU Mobile.
For the best NYU Welcome experience, use the dropdown menus below to easily and quickly navigate NYU Mobile — find the events and activities that interest you!
How To Use NYU Mobile for Welcome Events
- Download the NYU Mobile app by visiting the app store on your phone and searching "NYU Mobile."
- Open the NYU Mobile app, click on the "NYU Welcome" banner (Note: This will be available at the beginning of each semester)
- Click on your affiliation (e.g., "New Undergraduate Students") then, select your school.
- Enter the same NetID and password you use for NYU Home.
- Click the "Events" icon.
How Can I Search for Things that Interest Me?
There are two main ways to find events of interest.
Use the Search Bar and type in a keyword:
For example, search a keyword like international, meditation, tour, or LGBTQ to look for events based on your interests!
Use the Dropdown to browse events by themes:
- Marquee Events
- Find Your People
- Navigate NYU
- Affirm Your Identity
- Invest in Academic & Personal Growth
- Prioritize Wellbeing & Safety
- Explore NYC
Create Your Personalized Schedule
- Click on the dropdown titled "All events" and note any Mandatory categories.
- Be sure to Favorite any mandatory school orientation events by clicking the star icon
**Note: Each school orientation schedule is different. Please contact your school orientation staff if you have any questions about your mandatory school orientation sessions.
- Change the dropdown back to "All events" to browse through all the events and click the star icon to save anything that looks interesting.
- Go to "Favorites" to view the personalized schedule you have made.
Power User Tips!
TIP: More events will continue to be added to the app, so check back often!
TIP: Go to "Favorites" (marked with a star icon) to view all of your school orientation and NYU Welcome events in one place.
TIP: You'll notice a wide variety of event types. We encourage you to use this as an opportunity to explore and invest in yourself. Here are a few things to reflect on:
- What experiences would you like to have with new people?
- What kinds of activities or experiences interest you?
- What do you feel you "should" do? What do you actually want to do?
- If you meet someone at an event, how do you want to stay connected?
NYU is a vibrant place because of the people who are part of it. We are committed to connecting you with important resources that support your journey, and to providing engaging opportunities for you to get involved in the community. NYU Welcome is your opportunity to get to know the students, faculty, and staff who call NYU home and to add your unique voice to our shared story.
"Connecting with other people helped me to know that I wasn't the only one worrying."
— CAS Student
"The abundance of resources and tips made me feel more optimistic about the future."
— Tisch Student
"[Affinity Spaces] allowed us to share our stories and parts of our lives with people who understand."
— Steinhardt Student
NYU Welcome Highlights
Presidential Welcome & Reality Show
A welcome from the University President with a creative performance by NYU students about transitioning to college.
Meet over 300 University-wide student organizations and get involved at NYU!
Meet like-minded friends through conversation about all the things you love most.
Spaces dedicated to bringing together people who share similar identity(ies).
From Getting Involved to What to Expect in the US Classroom — we have a variety of workshops to help you navigate NYC and NYU.