NYU Welcome: Live Your Dreams
NYU Welcome features an exciting series of over 600+ programs and events for all students to build connections and community for the start of fall semester.
- Presidential Welcome & Reality Show: Paired with a Welcome by NYU President Andy Hamilton, the Reality Show features artistic expression wrapped in music and comedy - highlighting the talent of NYU students and alum. This ambitious project was created over the summer from homes across the world. It explores the global challenges of the current moment and reflects ideas of curiosity and perseverance in an age of adaptation. Get more information!
- Marquee Events: Past traditions have included A-Cappella Show, Broadway Cabaret, Drag Bingo, Silent Rave, Disney Karaoke, Comedy Show, and the Ball. Look out for a list of this year’s virtual Marquee Events.
- Club Fest: Meet over 300 university-wide student organizations and get involved at NYU!
- Themed Hangouts: Avatar, Hamilton, Fitness, Webcomics, Social Justice, Foodies, and more. Meet like-minded friends through conversation about all the things you love most.
- Affinity Spaces: Spaces dedicated to bringing together people who share similar identity(ies).
- Workshops: From Small Wallet Big City to What to Expect in the U.S. Classroom - We have a variety of workshops to help you navigate NYC & NYU.
- Resource Connections: Through a variety of events, all students will get introduced to the numerous resources available to them at NYU.
- My NYU Story: This series features recent alumni representing diverse careers speaking candidly about their experience transitioning to college and their pathways after graduating from NYU.
- RADical Health: Building a Healthy Relationship to Self, Others, and the World: An interactive, three week pilot program designed to equip first-year students living in NYC residence halls to thrive in college and beyond. Launched in October, students will learn critical tools and resources regarding physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, and social well-being.