Updated 5/17, 3 p.m.: While the process of accepting tickets is usually a seamless one, Ticketmaster has been experiencing technical difficulties that have prevented some recipients from being able to ‘Accept Tickets’ (ie, to download them). We are committed to getting your tickets, and we apologize for this. Guidance on accessing commencement tickets is included below.
Accessing Your Commencement Tickets
If you have been unable to accept the tickets, Ticketmaster and the Yankees now advise the following.
To manage your tickets, please access Ticketmaster from your mobile device. This link will allow you to log in to (or create) your My Yankees Account and download your mobile tickets. Then:
- In the upper right corner, click the person icon to the left of the shopping cart.
- Log in with your email address and if you have an existing Ticketmaster account, you can log in with that password. If you do not have a Ticketmaster account or forgot your password, please click ‘Forgot Password’. When attempting to reset your password, enter your email address in the email field and the system will check to see if you have an existing Ticketmaster account. If you see a message that says “Email Not Found”, you will need to sign up with a new Ticketmaster account by clicking ‘Sign Up’. Creating a Ticketmaster account is simple and secure; follow these steps to create one.
- Once logged in, click on ‘Manage My Tickets’ to download and save to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
If you wish to transfer tickets to a guest of yours, follow these steps:
- Once logged in and after clicking on ‘Manage My Tickets,’ select the event you’d like to manage and click ‘Transfer.’
- Tap the seats you’d like to transfer and click ‘Next.’ If you are the graduating candidate, do not transfer the Candidate Ticket. The Candidate Ticket is your ticket to enter Yankee Stadium, and you will need it to enter the stadium.
- Add or enter your recipient’s information and click ‘Transfer.’
We sincerely apologize for any frustration and confusion caused by this system delay. Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
The ceremony is listed at the top of the mobile ticket, either the 11:00 a.m. ceremony for the Class of 2022, or the 6:00 p.m. ceremony for the Class of 2020 and Class of 2021.
There is no assigned seating at Commencement. It is a General Admission event; however, Guests may only sit on the Main, Terrace, or Grandstand Levels, and Candidates may only sit on the Field Level Concourse.
- Candidate mobile tickets will have a Section number that begins with the letter C for Candidate.
- Guest mobile tickets will have a Section number that begins with the letter G for Guest. The rows and seat numbers do not matter for either ticket type.
The mobile ticket will include an entrance gate. The Guest entrance gates are Gates 2, 6, or Babe Ruth Plaza. The Candidate entrance gates are Gates 4 or 8. You should follow the entrance gate listed on your mobile ticket.
Candidates must enter with Candidate mobile tickets through the Candidate Gates 4 and 8. Candidates can access any of the school seating areas on the Field Level Concourse once they have entered through either Gate 4 or Gate 8.
Guests must enter on a Guest mobile ticket through a Guest Gate, either Gate 2 or Gate 6. Once through those gates, guests can select the nearest or best available seating on the Main, Terrace, or Grandstand levels. Guest seating is by general admission; there are no assigned seats.
All-University Commencement Tickets
Graduating students, families, and guests must have a Commencement ticket to enter Yankee Stadium. Ticket ordering concluded on May 6; all ordered tickets will be emailed around Friday, May 13. All tickets will be electronic and must be downloaded on a smartphone. No printout of tickets or screenshots will be accepted.
Ticket ordering concluded on Friday, May 6.
Ticket Order Confirmations
To check your ticket orders, log in to TicketManager and click on "Orders" from the top menu bar and select "My Orders." You will see a table outlining each order you have placed (e.g., Candidate, Guest, and Lottery). Ticket fulfillment began Friday, May 13. Different ticket orders will be shipped separately.
All 2020 and 2021 graduates and 2022 candidates require a ticket to enter Yankee Stadium. Graduates will be seated in sections according to their school.
Class of 2022 candidates will attend the ceremony at 11:00 a.m. Class of 2020 and Class of 2021 graduates will attend the ceremony at 6:00 p.m. These ceremony times cannot be interchanged.
Candidates must enter with Candidate tickets through the Candidate Gates (Gate 4 and 8). Candidates can access any of the school seating areas once they have entered through either Gate 4 or Gate 8.
For the Class of 2020 and Class of 2021 (6:00 p.m. ceremony): Each graduate was able to request a maximum of four (4) guest tickets for admission into Yankee Stadium. Guest seating is general admission.
For the Class of 2022 (11:00 a.m. ceremony): Each candidate for graduation was able to request a maximum of two (2) guest tickets for admission into Yankee Stadium. Guest seating is general admission.
Guests must enter on a Guest ticket through a Guest Gate (either Gate 2 or Gate 4). Once through those gates, guests can select the nearest or best available seating on the Main or Terrace levels. Guest seating is by general admission; there are no assigned seats.
Extra Tickets / Lottery Tickets
Lottery requests have now closed. Those who entered into the second round of the lottery were informed if they were selected.
Those who were selected for lottery tickets will receive them during ticket fulfillment. Lottery tickets will be sent separately than the rest of the ticket order.
Prohibition of Ticket Sales
NYU strictly prohibits the direct or indirect sale or auction of All-University Commencement tickets. Tickets are free and available only to eligible candidates in the Classes of 2020, 2021, and 2022 and their guests. Ticket(s) may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests, giveaways or sweepstakes) or other trade or commercial purposes. Students engaging in such activities, as well as any other activity that disrupts the administration of the ceremony and/or violates the Yankee Stadium Security Policies set forth below or any NYU student conduct policy, will be subject to NYU disciplinary sanctions, including without limitation the delayed issuance of a degree or diploma. The Yankees and NYU reserve the right to investigate violations of the License applicable to NYU's use of Yankee Stadium.
School Ceremony Tickets
Most NYU schools will provide tickets for their individual school ceremonies, which are held throughout New York City at venues such as Radio City Music Hall and New York City Center. These school ceremony tickets must be ordered through the candidate’s school, and the tickets will be distributed by the individual schools.
Grad Alley Wristbands
Class of 2022 candidates can pick up wristbands on the 4th Floor of the Kimmel Center, and Class of 2020 and Class of 2021 alumni can pick up their wristbands on the 2nd Floor. Wristbands can also be picked up during Grad Alley itself at the Info Tents.
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022: 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022: 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 12, 2022: 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 13, 2022: 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 16, 2022: 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022: 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Third Party Pick-up
If a graduate cannot pick up their Grad Alley wristbands, they may authorize a third party to pick up their items at the Kimmel Center. The following documentation will need to be completed and presented at the time of pick-up:
- Graduate must complete the Third Party Pick-up Authorization Form and upload photos of their front and back of their NYU ID Card or Government-Issued Photo ID.
- The authorized third party representative must present their own NYU ID Card or Government-Issued Photo ID in order to pick up items.