Campus Cash is a no-cost feature of the NYUCard and is available to each New York University student enrolled in a credit bearing course and employees who have a valid University ID. Use of the Campus Cash account signifies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
1. All NYUCard and associated records are the property of New York University. Use of the Campus Cash account may be revoked at any time. The NYUCard is the access device for Campus Cash. The card must be presented at the time of purchase and shall be the only means of accessing the ACCOUNTHOLDER'S Campus Cash account.
2. The ACCOUNTHOLDER is responsible for observing the transaction amount charged to his/her account at the point and time of sale and the ACCOUNTHOLDER is responsible for monitoring his/her account balance. The ACCOUNTHOLDER is responsible for purchases (made and) debited to his/her account. Transactions are not always instantaneously deducted from an account due to system downtime or time periods when excessive transactions are being processed. The ACCOUNTHOLDER is responsible for any negative balances accrued during these times.
3. Campus Cash ACOUNTHOLDERS may request, (at any time), a statement of transactions. Request for account statements should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Only one account per ACCOUNTHOLDER may be valid at any time. The account must be linked to a valid NYUCard ID. Campus Cash may also be used to pay for a guest's transactions.
5. Accounts may be closed and a refund of the unused balance may be requested as follows:
a. No refunds can be made from a Campus Cash account unless a student GRADUATES or FORMALLY WITHDRAWS from the University for the term as defined by the NYU college or school in which the student is enrolled. Refunds will not be processed for any student in financial arrears as defined by the Office of the University Bursar. Refunds for Faculty and Staff are processed after verification of University separation. Summer Resident refunds are issued at the end of Summer Session II.
b. Accounts shall be frozen upon graduation or separation from the University, and balances deemed forfeited one year from the date the ACCOUNTHOLDER has separated from the University, or if the balance is under $1.00 at the time the ACCOUNTHOLDER separates from the University.
c. All approved refunds will be provided by check and will be mailed to the permanent address of the ACCOUNTHOLDER within 30 business days from the day of the refund request. Requests for refunds must be submitted through the online refund request form at www.nyu.edu/nyucard.
6. Any remaining balance in the Campus Cash account will carry over from term to term and from year to year.
7. Merchandise purchased using Campus Cash will be accepted for return according to the return policy where the goods or services were purchased. Cash refunds will not be made for returned merchandise purchases using Campus Cash. A credit will be made to the Campus Cash account for the amount of the return.
8. The ACCOUNTHOLDER is responsible for (immediately) reporting a lost or stolen NYUCard. Reports can be made by calling the NYUCard office at (212)443-CARD. Lost or stolen cards may also be reported in person at the office of Public Safety, located at 7 Washington Place.
9. The replacement fee for a new NYUCard will be charged in accordance with current fee schedules on file at (the) NYUCard Center.