The Kimmel Center provides over 700 lockers for rent in the Kimmel Center, Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life, and Weinstein Residence Hall for the NYU community. Lockers rentals are available for periods of an academic session, academic year, or full year. Reservations for our lockers must be made with a Locker Rental template through a KimmelOneStop Account.
Located on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Floors of the Kimmel Center and the Concourse (lower level) of Weinstein Residence Hall.
Lockers are coded "GL" followed by a number/letter, which corresponds to which floor the locker is located, and a hyphenated number denoting the locker number on that floor (i.e. "GL4-001" corresponds to General-Use Locker #1 located on the 4th Floor of Kimmel. "GLW-246" corresponds to General-Use Locker #246 on the lower level of Weinstein.)
You must provide your own lock.
Dimensions : 12" (W), 16.75" (D), 13.5" (H)
Located on the 6th Floor of the Kimmel Center, and the Concourse (lower level/C level) of the Global Center. Our Music Lockers can house varying string, brass, and woodwind instruments.
Lockers are coded "ML" followed by a number/letter, which corresponds to which floor the locker is located, and a hyphenated number denoting the locker number on that floor (i.e. "ML6-031" corresponds to Music Locker #31 located on the 6th Floor of Kimmel. "MLC-027" corresponds to Music Locker #27 on the lower level/C level of the Global Center.)
You must provide your own lock.
Individuals can rent only one music locker per academic session.
|Size||Recommended||Dimensions - W x D x H|
|Small||Clarinet, Oboe, Piccolo||8" x 17.5" x 14.5"|
|Medium*||Clarinet, Oboe, Piccolo, Trumpet||12.5" x 27.5" x 14.5"|
|Medium||Violin, Viola, Tenor Sax, Alto Clarinet||12.5" x 37.5" x 14.5"|
|Large*||Trumpet, Cymbals||25.5" x 27.5" x 14.5"|
|Large||French Horn, Alto Horn||25.5" x 27.5" x 25"|
|X-Large||Cello, Guitar, Tuba||25.5" x 27.5" x 62"|
|XX-Large||String Bass, Contra Bass Clarinet||25.5" x 27.5" x 78.5"|
Dimensions may fluctuate by 1/8"
Reserving a Locker
To reserve a locker, you must utilize a KimmelOneStop Account. If you already have a KOS Account, you may request to have a Locker Template added to your existing account. Please allow for two - three business days for processing of requests. A confirmation email will be sent to your NYU address with further instructions on reserving your locker.
Failure to submit payment in a timely manner will result in cancellation of your locker rental request.
|Academic Session (Fall or Spring)||$20|
|Academic Year (Fall and Spring)||$30|
* - Full Year rentals are only available for purchase in the Fall Semester.
Policies and Guidelines
- Students must provide their own locks.
- Food, beverages, and all perishable substances are strictly prohibited.
- Kimmel Operations and NYU Public Safety reserve the right to access and inspect lockers at any time without prior notice. This includes the removal of locks by force, if necessary, to access the lockers.
- Contents left in unauthorized lockers (i.e. expired rental or unregistered use of locker) will be removed and either discarded or turned into NYU Public Safety.
- Individuals can rent only one music locker per academic session.
- General-use and music lockers are only available for individual students who are matriculated undergraduate and graduate students at NYU.
- Clubs/Organization and Departments may not rent music lockers.
- Unauthorized use of a music locker on behalf of a club/organization or department will result in the cancellation of your locker reservation.
- After reserving a locker, students must make payment within three business days. If payment has not been received by Kimmel Operations within that three-day window, the student’s locker reservation will be forfeited and the locker released back into the pool of available lockers.