NYU-TV's Television Center is home to a versatile built-in studio. From single camera productions to multi-camera productions with powerpoint presentations, the TV Center studio can be configured to meet a variety of needs.
The studio is available as a space-only rental or with professional equipment and NYU-TV production crew.
See inside the studio...
Behind the scenes photos from recent shoots, showcasing the versatility of the NYU-TV studio.
A single-camera setup against a backdrop. We have a variety of backdrop options already in-house.
In this shoot for the Verbatim Performance Lab, three cameras were used to recreate a morning show interview.
We can switch cameras live and use splitscreen & other effects to reduce both production and post-production time.
The configurable sound booth, shown here, allows production staff and on-camera talent to be in the same room during complex shoots.
A setup for a DSLR interview shoot. The blue Chroma key background can be used for "greenscreen" effects, or as is.
This image was shot against the blue walls, and the colorful background was easily added in post-production.
Interviews and testimonials are a great use of our studio.
We work each year with the NYU Show Explorations Floor, teaching them about video production in the studio.
The lighting grid allows for more atmospheric scenes, like this one, set in a jazz club.
- 20' x 30' black walls with partial blue chroma key wall (for "green screen" effects)
- Ideal for interviews, testimonials, conversations, podcasts, oral histories, and more
- Professional studio A/V monitoring systems
- Digital switcher for up to 6 inputs, ppt. and video capture, and live graphics insertion
- Multiple format capabilities for recording and playback
- Variety of audio equipment available, including sound mixers and and microphone options (handhelds, lavaliers, and boom mics).
- Zoom H6 audio recorders available for DSLR video productions
- 24-position lighting grid
- Lighting board
- Optional portable light kits