search the site
About the VCL
The Virtual Computer Lab (VCL) provides access to academic software through a web browser and an Internet connection. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the VCL is a revolutionary way to provide NYU students with access to the software they need.
Access & Eligibility
The VCL is open to all degree-seeking NYU students with active NYU E-mail accounts. Students who qualify will see the VCL channel on the Academics tab in NYUHome. See Accessing the VCL for login and setup instructions.
For a current list of software available for use via the Virtual Computer Lab, please see the ITS Software Applications by Location page.
Help & Instructions
Installation and configuration
- System requirements
- Installing the Citrix plug-in (Mac)
- Installing the Citrix plug-in (Windows)
- Installing the Citrix plug-in (mobile devices)
- Checking that the Citrix plug-in is installed
Instructions for use
- File security alert when opening an application
- Session times out
- Two Print dialog boxes appear when printing from Mac
- Unable to log in to the VCL and other password issues
- Asked to allow access to mapped drive when saving file
- Being asked to install the Citrix plugin, but it is already installed
Page last reviewed: May 20, 2013