All NYU Florence students are required to live in NYU-arranged housing. Whether you live on NYU’s breathtaking estate, in an off-campus residence, or in a homestay, our housing options will help make your stay in Florence truly memorable. Florence is a city where you can easily walk or use public transportation to get anywhere. Most upper-class students live off campus in two student residences, and homestays located in and around the city center, although a small number may live on campus. The freshman class is required to live on the estate. Regardless of where students live, they are supported by the NYU FLorence Student Life staff.
Natalia and Colletta are the two campus villas dedicated to student housing. On campus housing is traditional dormitory-style living with standard bedrooms, en-suite or hallway bathrooms, and lounge facilities. The housing fees for this option include a meal plan (breakfast and dinner daily), Wi-Fi, and a cleaning/linens service. Villa Natalia has computer stations and exercise room to which all students have access.
Off-campus residences are leased by the University and considered part of the NYU Florence housing program. The residences are dormitory-style and have single and double bedrooms with private bathrooms, shared kitchen, laundry room and study rooms. They are high-occupancy living arrangements with amenities such as Internet and a cleaning/linens service.
Homestays are also part of the housing program and come with or without a meal option. Living with a family is a great opportunity to learn Italian quickly and get to know Italian life first hand. Students who live in homestays without meals have access to the family's kitchen.
The freshman class is required to live on the estate in Villa Natalia or Villa Colletta.
- Single, doubles, triple and quad bedrooms
- Meal plan with breakfast and dinner included
- En-suite bathrooms or hallway bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Computers stations
- Exercise room
- Cleaning/linen service
Things to Know
- 100 students live in Villas
- Freshman required to live on-site
- Upper-class students may request this option
Homestays are a unique opportunity to fully experience the Italian culture. There is no language requirement for living in a Homestay.
- Single or double bedrooms
- With meals (breakfast and dinner daily) or without meals (kitchen access)
- Immersion in a true Italian household
Things to Know
- 1 or 2 students live in each homestay
- What constitutes a "family" varies
- Some families, but not all, speak English
Both off-campus residences, Il Santo and S4, are newly renovated buildings centrally located in Florence. NYU Florence students began using S4 in August 2022 and will begin using Il Santo in August 2023.
- Singles and doubles
- En-suite rooms and bathrooms
- Fully equipped communal kitchens
- Yoga space
- Study rooms and lounges
- Games room
- Laundry room
Things to Know
Both residences are newly reonovated buildings and are centrally located, a 10 minute walk from Santa Maria Novella train station.
Costs - Fall 2023/Spring 2024*
Should you cancel your study away term, be aware of the published cancellation fee schedule that outlines important deadlines and applicable fees.
Single / With meals: $9,321
Double / With meals: $8,163
Single / No meals: $8,163
Double / No meals: $6,972
* Above are the proposed fall 2023 and spring 2024 semester rates for the Florence study away site. Final rates are pending board of trustees approval in summer 2023. Rates inclusive of board are noted. Room rates are site specific and are generally determined by room type, rental costs, and associated support services. The figures cited in NYU's Cost of Attendance are based on annual room and board rates at NYU's location in New York.