Using Existing Video
Resources and Services for Digitizing Videos - Digital Studio
The Digital Studio provides resources and training for video capture, production and publication. Faculty can capture video from VHS, DVD, (PAL & NTSC), Mini DV and video content already online.
Locating Existing Video - Avery Fisher in Bobst Library
The Avery Fisher Center for Music and Media (AFC) is located on the 2nd floor of Bobst Library. The collections consist of more than 40,000 videos (including U.S. and foreign cinema, drama and music performances, documentaries, art films, and more) and more than 95,000 audio recordings (including music from the broadest spectrum of classical, traditional, and popular artists, genres, and cultures).
Considerations and Policy
- Read NYU Libraries Copyright, a guide to copyright law as it relates to academic research, teaching, and publication
- Read NYU’s statement on Copyright and Fair Use
- For key considerations read Educational and Research Uses of Copyrighted Materials Policy Statement
- TEACH Act and Distance Education clarifies what uses are permissible with regard to distance education.
- For information on fair use see Videos related to the Code of Best Practices & Fair Use from the Association of Research Libraries.