How to Apply
The fellowship program is open to all areas of study at the University. Individuals who meet one of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Individuals who have completed their dissertation within the last three years or who will have completed their dissertation by next year; or
- Professionals transitioning to academic careers (for those in a field for which the doctorate is not the terminal degree)
- Priority is given to candidates who do not currently hold postdoctoral fellowships or traineeships. As part of its selection process, our selection committee looks for evidence of superior scholarly achievement (honors, awards, publications), commitment to teaching and research, mention of a clear mentorship plan, and promise of continuing achievement as scholars and teachers.
- NYU does not sponsor visa application for this Fellowship. Fellowship recipients must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- curriculum vitae;
- candidate information form;
- a statement of research and goals;
- a personal statement detailing reasons for applying for the fellowship;
- three letters of recommendation; and
- one of the following: A dissertation abstract (postdoctoral applicants); or a statement of how your professional experience prepares you for a faculty position (professionals).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to research NYU's website and reach out to specific faculty members at NYU who might serve as strong mentors. Names of potential members can be noted on the candidate information form.
The AY2023 Application will become available in October 2022.