The New York University Retirement Plan for Adjunct Faculty (Plan) is for eligible members of the Adjunct Faculty covered under the collective bargaining agreement between New York University (NYU) and International Union, UAW, AFL-CIO and Local 7902, Adjuncts Come Together, or UAW. The Plan is a tax-deferred defined contribution plan under Section 403(b) of the Internal Revenue Code to which the University solely contributes.
- On or about each December 1 of each plan year, if you are an eligible participant, NYU will contribute an amount equal to a percentage of your compensation for the immediately previous academic year.
- You choose how to invest your contributions.
- See the Notice about Qualified Default Investment Alternatives (PDF), which describes your rights and responsibilities in connection with the investment of your Plan account.
Supplemental Tax Deferred Annuity (STDA) Plan
The STDA Plan is a tax-deferred defined contribution plan under Section 403(b) of the Internal Revenue Code to which eligible employees solely contribute.
- Participation in the STDA Plan is voluntary and funded wholly by your own contributions; NYU makes no contributions to the STDA Plan.
- Contributions may begin or be changed at any time.
- You choose how to invest your contributions from an extensive choice of TIAA and Vanguard funds.
How to Enroll / Manage Your Account
Login to NYUHome and select Go on the NYU Retirement Plans card or login to TIAA.org/nyu to manage your employee contribution amount, investments, and beneficiary information. If you need help accessing or navigating the retirement site, see these instructions (PDF) or contact the NYU Retirement Plans Helpline at 844-NYU-TIAA (844-698-8422). Representatives are available weekdays, 8 am to 10 pm.
|IRS Employee Contribution Limits for STDA:||2022|
|Under age 50||$20,500|
|Age 50 or older||$27,000|