Working Family Solutions - Bright Horizons for Staff
In response to the challenges of COVID-19, the Bright Horizons program provides staff with care solutions for loved ones and offers resources for the way you work, live, and learn during academic year 2020-2021.
When you have work, family, and personal responsibilities competing for your time, Bright Horizons can help. Explore the programs below to start making your life a little easier and visit clients.brighthorizons.com/NYU for support solutions for you and your family. Registration information is below.
Bright Horizons Back-Up Care helps to cover care gaps for school breaks or nanny/babysitter vacations in a high-quality child care center, camp program, or at home. You can also arrange temporary in-home care for an adult or older person anywhere in the U.S.
Use the program when you have planned or unplanned interruptions or changes to your usual care arrangements that would prevent you from performing your work responsibilities. You'll have access to a team of specialists who provide advice, present options, and schedule the care.
- The program includes up to 15 days of subsidized back-up child and/or adult care for the remainder of calendar year 2020 and 15 days beginning January 1, 2021 through August 31, 2021.
- Employee cost for center-based child care: $15 per child or $25 per family per day.
- Employee cost for in-home care for children and adults/elders: $6 per hour.
- In-home care requires a minimum of four hours, available up to 10 hours of care in one day. Any number of hours used in one day will count as one day of use.
- Co-payments are payable by credit card, debit card, or electronic transfer.
* Prior to scheduling care for the first time, you will need to register with Bright Horizons. It is recommended that you register now – even if you have no immediate need for the benefit – to save time when you need to access care. Care can be scheduled from 30 days to 24 hours in advance. While Bright Horizons will make every effort to accommodate care requests, availability is not guaranteed, especially when requests are made less than 24 hours in advance.
Register* and Arrange Back-Up Care
- Register and create a profile using the employer username "NYU" and the password "Benefits4You"
- Questions? Call 877-BH-CARES (877-242-2737)
- For quicker reservations, use the Bright Horizons website or app
Bright Horizons® World at Home is a new way for parents to keep their children (ages 8 and younger) learning during this time. Designed by Bright Horizons' education experts to bring some of the very best learning from their centers right into the home, World at Home features videos and activities for each of our curriculum areas, including yoga & mindfulness, STEM learning, language, story time, cooking, and more.
Bright Horizons Elder Care helps to navigate the often complex needs of caring for an adult or older person, providing personalized support from a Care Coach and access to a web-based care planning and communication tool. Get the ongoing support you need with a personal touch, wherever your loved ones may live. The benefit provides:
- Management of your caregiving plans
- A dedicated and experienced Care Coach
- Coordination of care through an online platform
- On-site care assessment, legal/financial consultations, and more
Bright Horizons Additional Family Supports offers resources for other care and personal needs:
- Find "Ready to Teach" sitters, housekeepers, and nannies (nanny search services also available)
- Preferred enrollment at select Bright Horizons child care centers for full-time care and tuition discounts at partner centers
- Discounted tutoring and test prep services through Varsity Tutors and Revolution Prep
- Adult care resources, planning, and senior housing search tools
- Access to quality pet care