Working Family Solutions - Bright Horizons
The Bright Horizons benefit intends to reimagine our connection between work and home, providing care solutions for loved ones and offering resources for the way faculty and employees work, live, and learn.
When you have work, family, and personal responsibilities competing for your time, Bright Horizons can help. NYU is pleased to offer full-time faculty, administrators, and professional research staff various family and education benefits to support you and your family. Explore the programs below to start making your life a little easier and visit clients.brighthorizons.com/NYU for support solutions for you and your family. Registration information is below.
If you have questions about the benefit, please contact PeopleLink, NYU's benefits and payroll service center, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-992-LINK (5465). If you would like to discuss your family caregiving needs further, please contact Work Life at email@example.com or 212-998-2434.
Eligibility: Full-time faculty, administrators, and professional research staff. Full-time staff in Local 3882, Local 1, Local 810, Local 153, and Local 30 are eligible during academic year 2020-2021.
Bright Horizons offers back-up care while ensuring the health and safety of families and their care providers. In-home back-up care services remain widely available. Child care centers will open gradually pending CDC and local health guidelines.
The health and safety of families and Bright Horizons staff is of utmost importance. Please review this video for updates to their health and safety practices in response to the pandemic.
Bright Horizons Back-Up Care helps to cover care gaps for school breaks or nanny/babysitter vacations in a high-quality child care center, camp program, or at home. You can also arrange temporary in-home care for an adult or older person anywhere in the U.S. (Update 3/1/2021: Bright Horizons is waiving co-pays for March and April.)
Use the program when you have planned or unplanned interruptions or changes to your usual care arrangements that would prevent you from performing your work responsibilities. You'll have access to a team of specialists who provide advice, present options, and schedule the care.
- The benefit includes up to 15 days of subsidized back-up child and/or adult care per year.
- Employee cost for center-based child care: $15 per child or $25 per family per day.
- Employee cost for in-home care for children and adults/elders: $6 per hour.
- In-home care requires a minimum of four hours, available up to 10 hours of care in one day. Any number of hours used in one day will count as one day of use.
- Co-payments are payable by credit card, debit card, or electronic transfer.
* Prior to scheduling care for the first time, you will need to register with Bright Horizons. It is recommended that you register now – even if you have no immediate need for the benefit – to save time when you need to access care. Care can be scheduled from 30 days to 24 hours in advance. While Bright Horizons will make every effort to accommodate care requests, availability is not guaranteed, especially when requests are made less than 24 hours in advance.
Register* and Arrange Back-Up Care
- Register and create a profile using the employer username "NYU" and the password "Benefits4You"
- Questions? Call 877-BH-CARES (877-242-2737)
- For quicker reservations, use the Bright Horizons website or app
Bright Horizons® World at Home is a new way for parents to keep their children (ages 8 and younger) learning during this time. Designed by Bright Horizons' education experts to bring some of the very best learning from their centers right into the home, World at Home features videos and activities for each of our curriculum areas, including yoga & mindfulness, STEM learning, language, story time, cooking, and more.
Bright Horizons Elder Care helps to navigate the often complex needs of caring for an adult or older person, providing personalized support from a Care Coach and access to a web-based care planning and communication tool. Get the ongoing support you need with a personal touch, wherever your loved ones may live. The benefit provides:
- Management of your caregiving plans
- A dedicated and experienced Care Coach
- Coordination of care through an online platform
- On-site care assessment, legal/financial consultations, and more
Bright Horizons Additional Family Supports offers resources for other care and personal needs:
- Find "Ready to Teach" sitters, housekeepers, and nannies (nanny search services also available)
- Preferred enrollment at select Bright Horizons child care centers for full-time care and tuition discounts at partner centers
- Discounted tutoring and test prep services through Varsity Tutors and Revolution Prep
- Adult care resources, planning, and senior housing search tools
- Access to quality pet care