NYU Walking Resources
Tips for Walking Meetings at NYU
Before scheduling that next meeting in your office or conference room, consider trading your shoes for sneakers and sitting for walking. Walking meetings allow for fresh air and perspective, exercise during the workday, and even cognitive advantages. Did you know that innovators like Mark Zuckerberg and Steve Jobs advocated walking meetings at their organizations? Research has also shown that the simple act of rising from your chair helps workers to think better.
Speak with your manager and teams about walking meetings in your school or unit, and your physician before beginning any exercise routine. To learn more about walking meetings and how they enhance energy, focus, and engagement, NYU LiveSmart suggests the following articles:
Walk the NYU Campus, Walk New York City
Get two things done at once – walk outdoors and spend time with friends and family.
- Find a fun walking path in parks in your community
- History buff? Combine exercise and the history of New York Harbor parks
- Learn about walking opportunities in Prospect Park and Central Park
- View various Midtown Manhattan walking paths
- Explore walking paths near Washington Square: North, South, East, West, Avenue D (PDFs)
- Find walking routes and events at the west side High Line