NYU offers support and resources for faculty and administrators who return to work and continue to breastfeed their child.
The Work Life office will offer assistance with on-campus lactation rooms, preparing to return to work, and case-by-case concerns.
NYU provides access to private, dedicated spaces to comfortably and conveniently express milk. Lactation rooms are available throughout our campuses and administrative buildings (closed Sundays). A valid NYU ID card must be presented for access. View the room listing and scheduling requirements for the NYU community (must be logged in to NYU Home to view).
To learn about the responsibilities of employees and their supervisors when it comes to breastfeeding and infant support, please review the University Policy. (Note: If you are a student, please consult the Lactation Policy for Students.) If you have questions or need additional information, contact NYU PeopleLink.
Please note that you must be logged in to NYU Home to view the document.
- The New York Lactation Consultants Association provides a searchable database of breastfeeding support groups and individual lactation consultants in the New York area.
- Kellymom.com offers general breastfeeding information and helps new mothers troubleshoot pumping problems.
- La Leche League is an international non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and connecting breastfeeding mothers. Find your nearest La Leche League Group here.
- Working and Breastfeeding Made Simple and Work. Pump. Repeat. are two books that discuss both the logistics and the emotional aspects of breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Medela Recycles allows mothers to recycle their Medela electric pumps. Each pump received through Medela Recycles supports the donation of new hospital-grade, multi-use breast pumps and supplies to Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®).