Connecting with WinSCP
- Log in to the i4 server with your NetID and password.
- Use i4.nyu.edu as your host.
- Make sure you connect to i4 using port 22.
- WinSCP will attempt to make a connection with the i4 server.
- If WinSCP is able to successfully connect with the server, you will immediately receive a request for authentication using the Duo Mobile app on your MFA registered mobile device.
- You must authenticate through Duo Mobile to complete your connection.
- If you don't authenticate with Duo Mobile before the connection attempt times out, you'll receive an error message in the status field.
- WinSCP will keep trying to connect to the server, however the connection won't be complete until you confirm authentication through Duo Mobile.
- After you've successfully authenticated with the Duo Mobile app, you're connection to the i4 server will be complete.
- WinSCP displays your local files on the left and remote files on the right. You can access the necessary i4 files using the web shortcut.