Connecting with Fetch
- Log in to the i4 server with your NetID and password.
- Use i4.nyu.edu as your hostname.
- Make sure you connect using SFTP.
- Fetch will attempt to make a connection with the i4 server.
- If Fetch is able to successfully connect with the server, you will immediately receive a request for authentication using the Duo Mobile app on your MFA registered mobile device.
- You must authenticate through Duo Mobile to complete your connection.
- If you don't authenticate with Duo Mobile, or fail to do so before the connection attempt times out, you'll receive an error message.
- Click OK and try connecting to the i4 server again.
- After you've successfully authenticated with the Duo Mobile app, you're connection to the i4 server will be complete.
- You can access the necessary i4 files using the web shortcut.
Step 5 (optional):
- If you notice quicker time out periods than expected when connecting to i4 using Fetch, check your preferences and update your FTP compatibility settings.
- Make sure the option to Keep connections alive is checked.