Policies and Guidelines
NYU considers accessibility as a factor in our overall digital experience—when we design for inclusivity, we improve the experience for all of our users. As email authors, you're responsible for creating accessible text, images, and multimedia. By doing so, you can help make NYU more inclusive.
Tips for Writing Accessible Emails
Brought to you by our NYU IT Digital Accessibility partners.
- Make sure information is clear and easy to understand.
- Ensure that text is easy to read.
- Ensure that images are available to all users.
- Create a layout that is easy to follow.
- Use care when linking to other pages or resources.
When using an image in Email Direct, please adhere to all applicable licensing and copyright restrictions. Go to the NYU Libraries' Copyright guidance webpage for information about using web images.
The usable image file type formats are:
The recommended image specs are:
- File size of 480 x 480 pixels or smaller.
- RGB color value.
- Maximum quality resolution of 72dpi.
- Campus with Masks
- Classroom with Masks
- Global Locations
- NYC General
- NYU General
- Washington Square
If you need any custom or alternative images, please reach out to the Photo Bureau.
To view available photos
- Create or open a draft campaign.
- Access the image library by dragging a new image block into your message, or clicking an existing image block.
- Click on the "Shared" tab at the top of the image library.
Refer to the NYU Brand Guidelines Email Best Practices web page for information.