Depending on the content strategy you have in place for updating your section of pages, annotations can be an easy way to communicate between multiple content authors responsible for the same pages.
Note: You must be in Annotation mode to view annotations on a page. They will not be visible on a page at first glance.
- To go into Annotation mode, select the Annotation icon on the top right corner. If there is an existing annotation, there will be a number in place of an icon, indicating the number of annotations on the page. Upon selecting, the edit view will darken slightly.
- Create a new annotation for a component:
- Select the Plus icon (Add annotation) on the top left.
- Hovering over a component will display a blue outline. Select the component you wish to annotate.
- An Annotation window will appear. Fill in your notes in the Add comments field.
- Select the blue colored square to change the color of your annotation. The default color is blue.
- Minimize the Annotation window by selecting anywhere outside the window.
- Drag the annotation by dragging the annotation anywhere within the component.
- Note that annotation text longer than 6 characters will not fully be visible at first glance. It will appear cut off and with an ellipsis, indicating that the annotation is much longer.
- Delete the annotation by opening the Annotation window and selecting the Trash icon (Delete).
With sketches, you can annotate your content directly on the page similar to drawing on a whiteboard. Highlight particular content areas or components to coordinate page updates with coworkers. The CMS will automatically create a circle, oval or curved arrow from your sketch.
- Add an annotation to your page.
- Select the Pen icon to create figures in your annotation.
- The cursor will become a stylized crosshair.
- Click and and hold to draw on your page, using the crosshair to navigate. Freehand sketches will automatically become a square or arrow.
- To sketch a circle, use your cursor to freehand draw a circle around your preferred location. Note that the CMS will automatically create a circle or oval from your freehand drawing.
- To sketch an arrow, use your cursor to hold and draw a freehand line. The CMS will automatically create an arrow from your freehand drawing.
- When you're finished with your sketch, stop holding the click button on your mouse. Your sketch will refresh with a border and your cursor will become a directional crosshair.
- Click directly on your sketch and drag to relocate it on your page.
- To delete a figure, select the figure and use your keyboard's Backspace/Delete key to delete the figure. You can only delete individual sketches.
- To return to the Annotation window, click on the colored circle in the component.