News During the Calendar Year
i-Buy NYU Enhanced Notifications Available
Enhanced notifications in i-Buy NYU for supplier registrations are now available. The notifications are intended to update requestors of new suppliers of progress that invited suppliers are making in their registration in i-Buy NYU. Notifications are now available when a supplier is invited, when they begin their registration, and when they complete their registration.
To enable the notifications in i-Buy follow these steps:
- When in i-Buy NYU click on your name on the upper right side of the home screen.
- Select “View My Profile.”
- Once in your profile, on the left side click “Notification Preferences” and then “Supplier Management” from the drop-down menu
- Now under ‘Notification Preferences: Supplier Management,’ click the “Edit Section” link under “Supplier Administration.”
- Choose the ‘Override’ radial button and a drop-down menu appears. From the drop-down select your notification preferences.
Note: Completed supplier registrations need to be reviewed by the Supplier Onboarding team before they can be activated in i-Buy NYU.
For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-998-1111.
November 17, 2017
Restriction of Gift Card Purchases on Bank of America Payment Cards
The following communication was sent to Fiscal Officer’s on November 6, 2017.
Background: The IRS considers all gift cards cash and cash equivalents subject to tax regardless of the amount of the gift card (e.g. a $1 gift card is subject to tax). Bank of America Payment Cards cannot track and break out gift card purchases; they just track the merchant, e.g., CVS.
It has been brought to our attention that gift cards have been charged to Bank of America Payment Cards. Approximately $99K in gift cards has been purchased FY 2017 at various retailers.
A few examples of retailers and gift card purchases are listed below:
- $ 370.49 Amazon Mktplace
- $ 2,015.95 AMEX Gift Cards
- $ 300.00 Chipotle 2090
- $ 50.00 CVS/Pharmacy
- $ 304.95 Duane Reade
- $ 200.00 Eataly Net USA LLC
- $ 730.26 Giftcards.com LLC
- $ 150.00 McNally
- $ 124.20 National Gift Card
- $ 25.00 Panera Digital Gftcrd
- $ 276.00 Shake Shack 1102
- $ 120.00 Starbucks Store 00847
These purchases are now restricted on the P-Card. We updated the Global Payment Card Policy for this change. A copy of the updated Global Payment Card Policy is attached.
The Accounts Payable (A/P) team administers the existing procedures for gift card purchases. Michael Wallace, Manager, Accounts Payable, can order gift cards for your schools and units, as requests are submitted via FinanceLink. Upon receipt of list of gift card recipients, addresses, and tax ID #s, the A/P team will document the gift card purchases and any income tax implications to specific individuals.
A spreadsheet with your past gift card purchases is enclosed for FY 2017 for your review. Please note that we expect you to provide documentation on future gift cards issued to your staff by Accounts Payable to ensure the inclusion of this income in the W2 forms.
Also, please maintain sufficient budget in your default P-Card / CTA chartfields to avoid any delays when NYU pays Bank of America for the university. If you wish to review the default chartfields for your school or unit, the Global Payment Card team can provide you with the list upon your request.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
November 6, 2017
Clarification on Process for Standing Orders
The following communication was sent to Fiscal Officer’s on October 26, 2017.
We are writing to provide clarification on the processes for Standing Orders. Please note the following (and please share with your i-Buy NYU Shoppers/Requestors):
Open FY17 Standing Orders were rolled as part of the overall PO roll into FY18. We apologize for any confusion caused by prior communications stating FY17 Standing Orders were closed.
Effective Monday November 20, 2017 all remaining OPEN FY17 Standing Orders will be closed. If appropriate, please ensure new FY18 Standing Orders are opened to avoid disruptions.
FY18 and Future Fiscal Years:
For all future year-end close processes the following will be initiated:
- Standing Orders that meet the criteria of (a) open balance greater than $250 and (b) activity within the last 120 days will be rolled forward to the new fiscal year.
All other Standing Orders will be closed as per the standard year-end PO close process.
- The Standing Orders rolled forward to the new fiscal year will remain open for a period of six weeks in order for any lagging invoices to be paid.
- Invoices for Standing Orders that were rolled to the new fiscal year will be charged to the new fiscal year. Accruals should be submitted if the goods / services were received prior to 8/31.
- Once the six week period into the new Fiscal Year is met, all prior year Standing Orders will be closed.
PLEASE NOTE: Standing orders are not auto renewed on yearly basis. Each school and unit is responsible for submitting a new Standing Order each year for those they wish to renew.
For questions regarding Standing Orders please contact Financelink at email@example.com or 212-998-1111.
October 26, 2017
A Revised Version of the Signature Authority Policy is Now Available.
A revision has been made to the Signature Authority Policy as it relates to equipment leases. Signature Authority Policy
Please send requests for approval along with a copy of the lease agreement to the University Treasurer, Janine Wilcox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 12, 2017
Bid Waiver Guidelines
Procurement has created helpful Bid Waiver Form Guidelines to assist in clarifying for the University when and how the Bid Waiver Form should be used. The Guidelines are easily accessible on the i-Buy NYU Resources Portal (PDF).
June 15, 2017
A Revised Version of the Business Expenses Policy is Now Available.
The revisions include:
- Sales Tax (Page 7)
- Travel Insurance (Page 10)
- Extended Travel (Page 13)
June 15, 2017
New Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements and i-Buy NYU Day 2 Enhancements
The following communication was sent to all i-Buy NYU Requestors, Advanced Requestors and FOs on June 6, 2017.
The i-Buy NYU Team is pleased to announce new updates:
Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements
The new Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements will be available in i-Buy NYU on Monday June 12th. The Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements should be used only when NYU has agreed to reimburse an individual for costs (transportation, hotel and meal expenses) they incur when traveling to / from the University.
To access the Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements in i-Buy NYU:
- From the main menu, hover over the Suppliers icon, click on Requests, then the Submit Supplier Requests link
- Within the drop-down menu, click on Guest Reimbursement Request
When using the Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements, i-Buy NYU users will be responsible for obtaining and entering the following required Payee information:
- Payee name
- Payee address
- Payee phone and email
- Wire transfer information (Payees with addresses outside the United States only.)
Payees with an address in the United States will be paid via check which will be mailed to the address provided. ACH is not available for guest reimbursements. Payees with an address outside the United States will be paid via wire transfer.
The payee will not be sent an invitation to register. The Supplier Onboarding team will manually create the payee as a supplier in i-Buy NYU for a single-time use. Once the payee is successfully registered as a supplier in i-Buy NYU, the NYU requestor will receive an email notification and can then submit a request for payment using the existing Guest Travel/Reimbursable Expenses Form. Once payment is made, the supplier will be deactivated in i-Buy NYU.
Step-by-step instructions for completing the Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements.
Day 2 Enhancements – Grant and DOA - Go-live Monday June 12th
The i-Buy NYU Team has partnered with the software provider, Jaggaer, to implement system updates for Grant Approvals and DOA Approvals. These updates were previously presented at the March FO Operational Meeting and i-Buy NYU Super User meetings.
Grant Approvals updates:
Reminder: Approvals for transactions impacting Funds 24 / 25 use the Departmental Administrator (DA) / Principal Investigator (PI) data entered by SPA in FAME. There can only be one DA and one PI used for approvals per project. Approval workflow updates for grant-related transactions include:
- i-Buy NYU will auto-approve requisitions submitted by a DA that are < $5k.
- Requisitions submitted by a DA that are >$5k will continue to route to PI for approval.
- If PI is traveling, DA can submit a comment on the purchase requisition to Procurement that includes PI email of approval as an attachment.
- i-Buy NYU will auto-approve requisitions submitted by a PI that are <$10k.
- These will route to DA for approval but will not route to PI for approval.
- i-Buy NYU will route requisitions submitted by a PI that are >$10k to FO for approval.
- i-Buy NYU will route requisitions where a DA or PI is missing in FAME to the Fiscal Officer for approval.
With the exception of Sub-Awards, invoice approval activity will be performed by DA only. PI’s will only approve Sub-Award related invoices.
DOA Approvals updates:
Reminder: Approvals for transactions impacting non-research funds (not 24/25) follow the Delegation of Authority (DOA) established for each school and unit. Approval workflow updates for DOA-related transactions include:
- i-Buy NYU approval workflow will “review” the approvers associated with a purchase requisition / payment request form to determine if the requestor = approver at any level of DOA.
- If i-Buy NYU identifies situations where requestor = approver and they are the sole approver at that level, it will escalate that particular approval to the next level up in DOA.
- For example, if Requestor = Sole Level 5 approver, i-Buy NYU will escalate approval to Level 4 approver in DOA.
- i-Buy NYU will review the approval workflow to identify any instances where a required approver at any level is blank.
- If i-Buy NYU identifies situations where a required approver is blank, it will escalate that approval to the next level in accordance with the DOA.
- If Requestor = Level 2 approver, escalation will be to FO.
For questions about these enhancements please contact Financelink at email@example.com or 212-998-1111.
June 6, 2017
New Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements
The new Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements will be available in i-Buy NYU effective June 12. 2017. The Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements should be used only when NYU has agreed to reimburse an individual for costs they incur for coming to the University for an engagement.
The form is available in the i-Buy NYU Supplier Request dropdown along with the New Supplier Request and Supplier Update Request.
Some examples for using the Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements:
- Reimbursement of travel expenses only for guest speakers who are not receiving any speaker fee.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses for visiting prospective students.
- Refunds of fees paid; i.e. application fees
Note: If there is a mix of both reimbursements, and honorarium payments or other compensation for services, the Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements cannot be used.
Once the supplier is entered and approved, the Guest Reimbursement payment request form in i-Buy NYU can be used by the requestor to get the actual payment completed. After the payment has been made the supplier will be inactivated from further payments.
Notes: Payees with a US based address will be paid via check which will be mailed to the address provided. ACH/Direct Deposit is not available for guest reimbursements.
Non US based payees with foreign addresses will be paid via wire transfer. Wire transfers are the payment mechanism for payments to non US based bank accounts. The NYU requestor must obtain the banking information of Non US based payees so that the information can be verified prior to the wire being done. If the country of the individual is outside the United States, the form will automatically require the banking info and document upload.
The payee will not be sent an invitation to register. The NYU requestor will be notified that the supplier is active. Once the supplier is active in i-Buy NYU, the Guest Travel / Reimbursable Expenses form should be used to make the payment. The supplier will be inactivated after payment is made.
Please visit our step-by-step instruction/Tip Sheet (PDF) on how to fill out the Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements.
For questions about the new Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements, please contact Financelink at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-998-1111.
June 6, 2017
New Legal Requirements for Honoraria Payments
The following communication regarding "New Legal Requirements for Honoraria Payments" was sent to FOs, HROs and all i-Buy NYU Advanced Requestors on May 12, 2017.
In order to comply with the new NYC Freelance Worker Protection Law, beginning May 15, 2017, the following process must be followed for all honorariums:
- The honorarium recipient and a representative of the University (with signatory authority) must sign a new “honorarium agreement” before the honorarium activity may commence (Note: A link to the agreement will be available in i-Buy NYU, the HRO Blog and on nyu.edu/financelink beginning May 15, 2017). This is the only form acceptable to ensure NYU’s compliance with new regulations. Individual contracts and agreements from schools or units may not be used.
- Once the honorarium activity is completed, the Requestor must invite the recipient to complete the supplier registration process in i-Buy NYU. This process remains unchanged.
- Once the recipient is a registered supplier in i-Buy NYU, the Requestor must submit the existing Honoraria/Limited Engagement Form in i-Buy NYU to initiate payment and attach the signed Honorarium Agreement at the “Internal Attachments”.
For questions about this new process, please contact FinanceLink at email@example.com or 212-998-1111.
May 12, 2017
An upgraded version of NYU myTime is here!
NYU Payroll is excited to share that an upgraded version of myTime, NYU’s timekeeping system, is now available.
This upgrade does not change how you complete everyday tasks in myTime. When you access myTime, you will notice an updated look and feel, and more current user experience in the system.
Upgrading myTime helps to ensure NYU is using the supported version of the application and also allows for future enhancements.
- If you enter time in myTime, please remember to enter or confirm all time worked and time off requests from this week’s scheduled downtime (April 26, 5pm - May 1, 8am)
- If you are a myTime approver, please remember to review and approve time sheets
Help & Questions
- Updated guides and FAQs are available at nyu.edu/myTime
For questions, contact PeopleLink at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-992-LINK (5465)
- For further assistance, drop by a myTime upgrade help session hosted by the myTime team, located at 105 East 17th Street, Room 199:
- Monday, May 1, 3pm - 5pm
- Wednesday, May 3, 2pm - 4pm
- Friday, May 5, 1pm - 3pm
An upgraded version of NYU myTime is coming soon.
NYU Payroll is excited to share that myTime, NYU’s timekeeping system, will be upgraded at the end of April.
How you complete tasks in myTime will remain the same. This upgrade will introduce a new look and feel in myTime and provide NYU employees with a more current user experience.
For a preview of the upgraded myTime, take a look at a comparison of current and future screens.
Upgrade & Downtime
- The upgraded version of myTime will be available on April 28th
- myTime will be unavailable for approximately 1.5 days prior to the upgrade. ID Card Readers and Hand Recognition Terminals can continue to be used to record time during this downtime.
- NYU Payroll will email myTime users with specific dates and times for the downtime.
Resources & Questions
- Updated myTime guides and more information will be shared via email and at nyu.edu/myTime closer to April 28th.
- For questions, contact PeopleLink at email@example.com or 212-992-LINK (5465).
April 6, 2017