In accordance with IRS regulations, your consent is required in order to receive your W-2 electronically rather than having a paper form mailed to your address in PeopleSync.
If you would like to receive an electronic 2015 W-2 ONLY, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to NYU Home
- Access PeopleSync via the Work Tab
- Select the "Pay" icon
- Select “My Tax Documents”
- Edit your selection to “Receive electronic copy of my W-2/W-2C”
All Payment to Individuals Forms (IND 4000) must be received in Accounts Payable by 12:00 Noon, on Tuesday December 15, 2015 in order to ensure payment before the end of the calendar year 2015.
The form must be completely filled out with appropriate supporting documentation attached.
December 8, 2015
The Chartfield Access Authorization Form now includes a section to request access to the reporting departments for UDW+ Departmental Metrics Dashboard (UDM) and the proposals tabs on the D03. Grants Management Dashboard.
When an individual from your department requests chartfield access to either one of these reporting departments, you will receive an email asking to approve or deny their request.
Please note that in addition to chartfield access for UDW+ Departmental Metrics Dashboard (UDM), users will need to request UDM reporting access by contacting the Decision Support Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-998-2900, and also receiving approval from their Dean.
If you have any questions, please contact the FinanceLink Service Center at 212-998-1111 or AskFinanceLink@nyu.edu.
November 19, 2015
If you are a student employed by NYU and did not get paid on your regularly scheduled pay date (missed a payment), please contact email@example.com. Please provide the missed pay date, the corresponding dates in which you worked, and the name of your immediate supervisor.
If you need assistance recording your hours worked, please use The Student Employee’s Guide to Using NYU myTime for instructions.
For all other student pay related inquires and assistance please continue to contact PeopleLink at 212-992-5465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 12, 2015 (Updated October 27, 2015)
On Friday, October 16th, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Kimmel Center (60 Washington Square South) – Eisner and Lubin Auditorium (4th Floor) you can meet the representatives of over 50 key University suppliers and learn about new products and services available to the University community. Suppliers will provide product literature, demonstrations, and will be available to answer your questions.
Among the commodity groupings that will be represented are:
Appliances, Car Rental, Computer Hardware/Peripherals, Courier Services, Facility Maintenance, Food Services, Furniture, Hotels, Moving Services, Multimedia Equipment, Office Equipment, Office Supplies, Printing, Promotional Items, Signage, Scientific, Travel, and more!
Suppliers presenting include: Architectural Flooring, Avis, Best Buy, Best Plumbing, B&H Photo Video, CDW, Dell, Egencia, Empire Office Furniture, GovConnection, Grainger, H. Brickman & Sons, Inkwell Global Marketing, Jade Hotel, MSC Industrial, Staples, TGI Automation, UPS, plus many others.
NYU Departments and areas that will also be exhibiting include: Reprographics, the Global Card Program team, Accounts Payable, Sustainability and more.
If you fill out an exit survey when leaving the event, you will receive a free gift from NYU Procurement (while supplies last).
We look forward to seeing you on Friday October 16th, 2015.
September 25, 2015
The new FinanceLink service center for Financial Operations & Treasury (FO&T) is now open to the NYU community. This new integrated service center is a complement to our existing FinanceLink website for all inquiries and requests associated with finance at NYU, including but not limited to: Accounting & Reporting, Buying & Paying (which includes Accounts Payable and Procurement content), Insurance & Enterprise Risk, Tax Guidance & Compliance, and Treasury Management.*
Why are we providing a FinanceLink service center?
FO&T supports thousands of NYU community members and processes literally hundreds of thousands of financial transactions annually. Our community members (YOU) have told us, through the annual Quality of Service survey, and other forums, that it is difficult to know who, or where, to call when you have a question on a finance related matter. In addition, due to improved technology and process improvements, we are now able to answer many commonly asked questions through a centralized process, saving all of us time, and improving the quality and timeliness of our service as a result.
What does the new FinanceLink service center mean for you?
• Only one phone number and email address to remember! Existing email aliases and phone numbers will continue to work and will automatically route to FinanceLink and/or specific FO&T departments
• All inquiries and requests will continue to be tracked and logged in NYU’s ServiceLink tool. All notifications that you receive will now read “FinanceLink” instead of FO&T.
How do I reach the FinanceLink service center?
• Phone: 212-998-1111 from 9:00AM - 5:00PM
• Email: email@example.com
◦ FinanceLink – to search information about our services, forms and latest news
◦ A new and improved ServiceLink, which will allow you to view the status and target resolution of your open requests and search our knowledge base articles
Please share this news with your teams and colleagues who regularly contact FO&T for assistance. We plan to host focus groups in the Fall to gather and share feedback on how we are doing and discuss how we can further improve our services. We are committed to continuous improvement and we welcome your feedback at any time.
*Please note, inquiries for the following areas should continue to route to:
• Non-tax related Payroll inquiries, PeopleSync and myTime: Contact PeopleLink
• Post-Award Administration: Contact Sponsored Programs Administration
• Student Billing: Contact the Office of the Bursar
• UDW+ Financial Reporting: Contact the Decision Support Group
Don’t worry, if a community member does contact FinanceLink for one of these other service areas, the phone system will provide easy routing to these services, or the team will assign and transfer requests to other departments, as required.
August 31, 2015
An interim version of the JEMS application (“JEMS2”) will be available beginning on Thursday, August 6th at 9:00 AM (EST). The JEMS2 Application will be used for the remainder of FY15 and thereafter until a long-term solution is reviewed and validated.
JEMS2 and the original JEMS have the same process and functionality for preparing and submitting a journal entry.
- Journal entries created in JEMS2 will have only 1 approver – the person currently defined as a Requestor’s “Final Approver”. Requestors will see the name of their Approver in JEMS2 (starting the week of August 10th).
- Changes to a Requestor’s “Final Approver” should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- JEMS2 Approvers will receive an e-mail notification when a journal entry awaits their approval. The notification e-mail contains a link that will bring the Approver directly into the JEMS2 application to a “My Approvals” list from where they can select the journal entry for review and approval.
- JEMS2 Approvers cannot automatically re-route their approvals to another approver when they are out of the office.
- If an Approver needs to enable out-of-office routing, they should e-mail email@example.com with the name of the person to whom their journal entries should be directed and the time period.
- JEMS2 Approvers will select the APPROVE Button or the REJECT Button (and can type comments for the Requestor).
- Requestors will receive an FYI notification when their journal entry has been Approved or Rejected.
- Rejected journal entries may not be resubmitted – they can only be copied, corrected and re-submitted as a new journal entry.
- The Requestor will receive an FYI notification email if a JEMS2 journal entry encounters errors with budget or chartfield combinations when it is submitted to FAME for posting.
- The Requestor should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the Journal ID and instructions for resolving the error.
- SPA will not approve Cost Transfer journal entries. They will receive a daily report of all Cost Transfer journal entries approved for the prior day and will perform a separate review and approval. A SPA analyst will contact the Requestor if there is an issue with the Cost Transfer journal entry.
- Fiscal Officers will not receive an FYI e-mail when another unit submits a journal entry that impacts their unit.
As we transition from JEMS to JEMS2, please note:
- JEMS journal entries that were approved but not posted in FAME when the application failed will be submitted for posting to FAME on Wednesday, August 5th.
- JEMS journal entries that were submitted for approval before the application failed will be routed to the Final Approver in JEMS2 for their review and approval.
August 5, 2015
To ensure AP Workflow is on a stable and supported technical platform, an improved version of the application is now available.
- The application is now accessible directly from the Work tab of NYU Home under Additional Services.
- The approval “workflow” uses ServiceLink functionality.
- All email notifications will now come from ServiceLink.
Changes for Approvers
- Ability to approve or reject requests directly from email notifications.
Click here for a brief video
- Delegate approval authority to another employee
Click here for instructions
Changes for Initiators
- New Resubmit Functionality:
- User gets an email of the Rejection
- After making the changes in AP Workflow, a resubmit button will be available on the Preview page
- Option to remit payment to a credit card will only be visible to those with an NYU issued corporate card. Card numbers will not be visible
- All supporting documentation is now required to be attached electronically to the request
Updated July 13, 2015
Payroll Adjustments (formerly retroactive cost allocations) are now available in PeopleSync.
This new functionality replaces the current retro cost allocation form and gives you the ability to submit Payroll Adjustments for review by Payroll and/or SPA directly in PeopleSync.
To learn how to submit a Payroll Adjustment, follow the instructions in the Payroll Adjustment tip sheet available in course HRS 000 in iLearn.
If you need additional support, visit the Payroll Adjustment office hours at 105 E. 17th St., Room 199: Feb. 18th from 3-5pm or Feb. 26th from 9-11am or contact PeopleLink.
February 13, 2015
Use the subaward invoicing system to manage payments to your subawardees! Click here for more information. A quick reference guide and training video are also available to help you navigate the system.
Questions? Contact the SPA Team Analyst for your school.
February 10, 2015
The following communication was sent to the eReq system community on 01/09/15
Procurement is pleased to announce that a new contract has been negotiated with NYU’s preferred office supply vendor - Staples. This revised arrangement with Staples will furnish NYU with an improved office supply program.
Through the new program with Staples you will find all your office supply needs at competitive pricing, continued quality customer service and quick desktop delivery.
Improved benefits include:
• The University’s top 500 Staples items in a full range of product categories have been identified. These items are designated “Best Value” and offer NYU the greatest discounts. Ordering Best Value items will provide maximum office supply savings to your department.
• The NYU “Best Value” list is easily accessible on the Staples via the i-Buy homepage and when searching for products on Staples via i-Buy, the Best Value items will be presented first.
• For those items that are not designated Best Value, NYU receives a 10% discount off of Staples.com pricing on all in-stock items. You will also see this immediate savings compared to the real-time Staples.com price.
• Staples will continue to support the University’s green initiatives by offering a wide selection of remanufactured toner.
• As always, NYU will receive next-business-day desktop delivery for all orders placed by 3pm.
• Annual business reviews with Staples will enable Procurement to learn what is in highest demand at NYU and make adjustments accordingly to Best Value items to reflect NYU buying patterns.
• Staples provide NYU with a dedicated account Manager to assist with University needs, product information and requests.
If you need any assistance or have any feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
January 5, 2015