Fraudulent email phishing scams have been reported involving purchase orders and requests for quotes/proposals that claim to originate from NYU.
If you've received a request for a quote, online inquiry, or email coming from a domain other than nyu.edu, this is fraudulent. We encourage suppliers to learn the common traits or themes of phishing emails.
We encourage suppliers to verify the legitimacy of any order they receive and report any suspicious activity to our procurement department immediately through FinanceLink.
This page contains information about how NYU conducts business with suppliers.
NYU expects all suppliers conducting business with the University to maintain the highest ethical standards, exhibit best business practices, and conduct their business with the utmost honesty and integrity.
To ensure the most efficient process for working with the University, we recommend following the Procure to Pay process, reviewing tips sheets for onboarding, and our guide to payments listed below.
- Suppliers must be registered and approved to conduct business with NYU.
- In order to provide goods and or services to NYU, it is necessary for the supplier to first receive a Purchase Order from the University. Verbal orders from NYU personnel will not be accepted.
- Once a Purchase Order has been fulfilled the supplier should send invoices referencing the NYU PO number to the Bill To noted on the Purchase Order. PDF copies of invoices can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, registered suppliers can request the ability to submit invoices electronically via the NYU Supplier portal by emailing email@example.com.
- Compliance with the University’s procedures ensures a seamless and efficient process, resulting in NYU’s ability to pay its suppliers in accordance with pay terms.
New supplier requests are initiated by NYU employees via a web form in i-Buy NYU.
Supplier requests are reviewed by NYU’s Supplier Onboarding team. If selected to provide goods and services to NYU, the Supplier will receive an invitation to register in NYU’s Supplier Portal.
NYU Employees can look up suppliers in NYU i-Buy to see if they are already registered.
Approved suppliers will receive an invitation to complete a full profile in NYU’s Supplier Portal.
The Supplier Portal allows for Supplier to edit and update payment, contact, tax, and insurance information and access invoices or look up payment status.
This process will require tax ID information, payment information and order information to be completed. Suppliers may update their information within the Supplier Portal at any time.
We have developed the below guides to assist Suppliers with any questions about the registration process.
Upon successfully registering as an NYU Supplier, all Suppliers have access to a secure Supplier Portal allowing them to:
- Maintain payment information
- Update contact information
- Update insurance information
- Update tax information
- Submit Invoices Electronically
- Access invoices and look up payment status
- Update address, phone number or other contact information
- Edit your payment method or banking details
In order to provide goods and or services to NYU it is necessary for the supplier to first receive a Purchase Order from the University. Verbal orders will not be accepted.
Once a Purchase Order has been fulfilled the supplier should send invoices referencing the NYU PO number to the "Bill To" noted on the Purchase Order. PDF copies of invoices can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, suppliers can request the ability to submit invoices electronically on the NYU Supplier portal. Email email@example.com to find out if you are eligible.
The full PO number should be listed on invoices to ensure expeditious processing.
The University encourages the use of electronic payments, rather than paper checks, by offering more favorable payment terms on electronic payments. For more detail, please see the Payment Terms section below.
Compliance with the University’s procedures insures a seamless and efficient process, resulting in NYU’s ability for NYU to pay its suppliers in accordance with the Payment Terms outlined below.
Payment terms are calculated based on the date of the invoice. It is important that invoices be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to avoid payment delays.
NYU pays invoices based on the terms established contractually. If no contract for payment terms exist, terms are calculated as outlined below.
Wire Transfer: Payment will be issued 5 days from invoice date.
Credit Card: Payment will be issued 15 days from invoice date.
ACH: Payment will be issued 30 days from invoice date.
Check: Payment will be issued 60 days from invoice date.
For suppliers operating as an individual (Tax ID is SSN), payment will be issued 5 days from invoice date.
*Payment is dependent on the timely completion of all NYU departmental approvals.