NYU Health-Related Services
Student Health Center
3rd and 4th Floors
General Hours of Operation: Fall and Spring Semesters
- Monday & Tuesday 8 am - 8 pm
- Wednesday & Thursday 8 am - 6 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 4 pm
- Sunday Closed
Hours of operation may change during the summer, winter and holidays. Check the Student Health Center website for the most up-to-date schedule.
The following services at the Student Health Center are available to you.*
- evaluation and treatment of minor work-related injuries and illnesses
- a full service pharmacy, with discounted over-the-counter medications and vitamins
- optometry services and sales**
- physical therapy and radiology (both require a referral from your health care provider)
- travel consultation and immunizations
*You should check with your health insurance plan to be certain that medical services obtained from the Student Health Center will be covered by your insurance. In the event that insurance does not cover these services, you will be responsible for payment.
**Full-time NYU employees receive 35% off regularly-priced ophthalmic designer frames. Single vision polycarbonate lenses with anti-reflective coating (up to 5D) are available for $75, and high index, progressive, and sunglass lenses are also discounted.
A note about work-related injury: In the case of a life- or limb-threatening emergency, please call 911.
In the case of a work-related emergency that is not life- or limb-threatening, follow the procedures detailed on the Workers' Compensation website.
New York University College of Dentistry
345 East 24th Street at First Avenue
As a courtesy to NYU employees and their immediate family members who are covered under any of the NYU Dental Plans or have chosen not to elect coverage, the College of Dentistry offers a generous 25% discount off their already reduced fee schedule for all general dentistry and specialty care procedures (pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, prosthodontics [crowns and bridges], implants, endodontics, periodontics, and oral and maxillofacial surgery) performed at the college. The College of Dentistry will assist employees in billing procedures to any of our NYU Dental Plans and in helping them to receive appropriate reimbursement for all procedures performed. This courtesy is also available to employees treated by predoctoral students for general dentistry needs at the NYU Dental Faculty Practice at 726 Broadway, Suite 350. Employees with any of the NYU Dental Plans are responsible for factoring in their annual deductible and for monitoring their yearly maximum benefit limits.
NYU Dental Faculty Practice
The faculty of NYU's College of Dentistry offers a variety of services and the latest technologies, including general and preventive dentistry and specialized dental care including endodontics, dental implants and orthodontics, all in a private practice environment with fees that are competitive within the area. The practice also provides treatment for complex problems affecting the mouth and face, such as oral cancer, corrective jaw surgery, dry mouth and chronic facial pain. In addition, NYU employees receive a 10% discount on basic services provided at the NYU Dental Faculty Practice.
Call one of these two convenient locations for an appointment:
- In Greenwich Village at 726 Broadway (at Waverly Place), Suite 350 - 212-443-1300
- At the NYU Langone Medical Center, 530 First Avenue, Suite 9QQ - 212-263-7552
Postdoctoral Psychology Clinic
1 Washington Place, 1st Floor
212-998-7890 (Call Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Long-term individual psychoanalysis for adults provided by therapists in psychoanalytic training. Those seeking treatment must commit to three to four sessions per week. Call the clinic for an application and for fee information.
Institute for Psychoanalytic Education (IPE)
Affiliated with NYU School of Medicine
One Park Avenue, #8-241
New York, NY 10016
Long-term intensive psychoanalysis for adults and children provided by qualified professionals. For further information and application, please call the Institute.
Elmer Holmes Bobst Library and Study Center
70 Washington Square South
Bobst houses a wealth of resources. BobCat, the computerized card catalog puts the library's collections and many other resources at your fingertips. With BobCat Plus, NYU Libraries' Web-based catalog, you can connect directly to electronic resources available at NYU or over the Internet. You can also visit www.nyu.edu/library to find out more about the resources available at Bobst, or pick up the Self-Guided Tour or other guides available at the Bobst Information Desk. Anyone with a valid NYU Card may use the library.
A complete list of all NYU and affiliated libraries can be found at the above Web site or in the NYU Telephone Directory and Guide to Service.
Grey Art Gallery and Study Center
100 Washington Square East, 1st Floor
80 Washington Square East Galleries
80 Washington Square East
Northwest Corner of Broadway and 10th Street
Washington Square Windows
80 Washington Square East
Visit the NYU Gallery Network
The NYU Bookstore is conveniently located at 726 Broadway to serve the entire NYU Community. Store revenue is returned to the University to help support school programs and initiatives.
Employee Discount: Show your NYU identification card at the cash register before making your purchase to receive a 15% discount on most items. The discount does not apply to sale items, some special purchases or to computer hardware and software at the NYU Computer Store. Most software and hardware packages are educationally priced.
The NYU Bookstore provides textbooks for all the NYU schools and colleges. The Bookstore carries a large selection of academic and university press titles, hardcover and paperback books, and can special order any book in print at no additional cost. There is also a large selection of NYU sportswear, office stationery, school supplies, gifts, games, and electronics.
New York, NY 10003
NYU Computer Store (located inside NYU Bookstores)
For dining locations and hours of operation, visit the NYU Campus Dining Website at www.nyudining.com.
NYU Dining's Employee Meal Plans
NYU Dining offers two meal plan memberships for employees. The membership is available to all full-time and part-time employees with a valid NYU ID. Employees can sign up for the plan every January, May, and August or contact NYU Campus Dining at email@example.com for more information. (Does not include The Torch Club.)
NYU Entertainment & Recreation
Attend film screenings, dramatic and musical performances, and other special events throughout the year on campus.
The Ticket Central Box Office is the University's resource for discount tickets and ticketing services. All students, faculty, staff, administrators and alumni with a valid ID are eligible to take advantage of reduced prices for a wide range of events and entertainment on-campus and throughout the city. In addition, ticketing services needed for on-campus or off-campus events can be provided by NYU Ticket Central.
566 LaGuardia Place (at Washington Square South)
Open 12 noon - 6pm Tuesday - Saturday
(Closed on University holidays and break)
60 Washington Square South, Room 206
New York University's Skirball Center for the Performing Arts is the premier venue for the presentation of cultural and performing arts events for NYU and lower Manhattan. Since opening in 2003, the 860-seat Skirball Center has been an educational and community building resource, providing NYU's first large-scale, professional multi-arts performance space on campus. NYU-priced tickets can be purchased online through the NYU Life tab in NYU Home or in person with a valid NYU ID at the NYU Ticket Central Box Office (open 12 noon - 6 pm Tuesday - Saturday).
Skirball Center for the Performing Arts
566 LaGuardia Place (at Washington Square South) 212.992.8484
Admission to most home athletic events is free to all employees and their families. Information on intercollegiate athletic events can be found on posters throughout the University, through Ticket Central, or in advertisements in campus papers. For more detailed information on events and tickets, call 212-998-2020 or pick up a Coles Program Guide at the Center (updated each August).
Saving Money & Discount Programs
Carebridge Life Resources: NYU's Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Login to www.myliferesource.com with NYU Access Code FTN59 for additional NYU employee discounts. Locate the "Featured Tools" box and select "Discount Shopping Center" to access your connection to savings and information on products and services for your everyday life.
Mortgage Origination Fee Reimbursement Program—NYU extends to eligible full-time employees (Administrators and Professionals and Faculty) the opportunity to receive reimbursement for first mortgage origination fees associated within the purchase of a principal residence. The University takes this step to assist dedicated administrators and professional staff with the critical challenge of obtaining permanent housing in the metropolitan region. Read more about the program for Administrators and Professionals or Faculty.
NYU Deferred Payment Plan Computer Purchase Program—The NYU Computer Store offers full-time employees the opportunity to purchase computers, software and peripherals on a deferred-payment basis. The deferment will be interest-free and repaid through payroll deductions over a maximum two year period. Learn more about the Deferred Payment Plan.
The NYU Credit Union
14 Washington Place
The Credit Union is a federally-insured nonprofit cooperative that serves members by providing low-cost services and higher interest rates on savings. You may contribute to your credit union accounts through payroll deductions. Services provided include share draft (checking) accounts, money market accounts, IRAs, vacation and Christmas clubs, loans (including home equity and debt consolidation), and a VISA credit card.
Discount programs may be modified or discontinued at any time. NYU does not endorse any products or services.
Neighborhood Businesses — Many of the stores, theaters, and restaurants near NYU offer discounts to employees who present NYU identification cards. When frequenting neighborhood merchants, ask if they offer an NYU discount.
Personal Museum Visits — Through NYU's special extended partnerships with certain Museum Gateway institutions, NYU faculty, administrators, and staff may enjoy free admission at these museums when they present their NYUCard.
Discounted Gym Memberships — The following gyms have partnered with New York University to offer employees and adult family members discounted health club memberships:
- YMCA of Greater New York – Visit a location with NYU ID to receive 20% off a membership at either one location or any location city-wide.
- New York Health and Racquet Club (NYHRC) — Learn more about becoming a NYHRC member (PDF).
- New York Sports Club (NYSC) — Learn more about becoming a NYSC member (PDF).
- David Barton Gym — Learn more about becoming a David Barton Gym member (PDF).
NYU Buying Club — You may obtain free membership in Buyer's Edge, Inc. through the University. Through this program, you can purchase major items, such as appliances, automobiles, and furniture, at the lowest advertised price. For more information, login at www.buyersedgeinc.com (user ID: 504, password: member1).
NYU Travel Discounts — Some lodging and other travel providers extend discounts to the NYU community. Visit http://www.nyu.edu/life/travel-and-transportation/nyu-traveler/discounts.html.
The New York Times Special Education Discount for NYU — The New York Times offers 50% or more off regular rates for home delivery or digital subscriptions. To see your options or to order, visit NYTimes.com/CollegeRate.
* Offer available to current college faculty, staff, administrators, and students. To qualify for a digital subscription at the college rate, you must also have a valid college or university email address, which usually ends in .edu. Print rates and product availability vary by location. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and All Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Premier content, Premium Crosswords or The New York Times Crosswords apps. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
Wireless Products & Services
- AT&T Education Discount — AT&T offers wireless products and services to NYU employees and students at a significant discount. To qualify for savings, visit an AT&T store or click here to enter your NYU email address. AT&T will send you an email with instructions on how you can take advantage of discounts on eligible products and services.
- Verizon Education Discount — NYU employees are eligible for 19% off monthly service plans with Verizon Wireless, free shipping and discounts on phones/accessories. Click here to shop online and save big on our most popular devices. Please note that employee phone/accessory pricing are not available in stores. Questions? Send an e-mail or call 888-457-6294.
- Sprint Education Discount — NYU employees are eligible for exclusive savings on phones and rate plans with Sprint! Click here to shop online. Have questions? Contact Brian Sutton at 888-457-6294 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 19% discount available on select rate plans. Discount Corporate ID code: GAUNV_NYU_ZZZ
- T-Mobile Education Discount — NYU employees are eligible to save 15% on every line in your T-Mobile account. To place new orders, call 866-464-8662 option 0 and reference promo code 3795TMOFAV (retail store activations do not qualify for this offer). Click here to learn more. Questions? Contact email@example.com or 973-960-4499.
Verizon FiOS Discount for NYU Employees — Get the best price on a Verizon bundle only through Verizon Connections, an exclusive online program offering discounts on residential FiOS and DIRECTV service bundles to NYU employees, resulting in the best price available on Verizon TV, home phone, and Internet service bundles.
Discount programs may be modified or discontinued at any time. NYU does not endorse any products or services.
Additional off-campus discount programs may be considered for inclusion. To submit a discount offer for consideration, please use the Discount Offer Form.