Critical Skills for Emerging Leaders
What’s featured in the program?
- Three online and three instructor-led courses:
- Managers as Leaders (LDR 001) – an online course that includes a self-assessment of your leadership skills and an overview of what it means to be a successful and effective leader at NYU
- Leading Communication Successfully (LDR 002) – an instructor-led course that focuses on effective communication skills, including active listening and speaking with intent
- Leading Employees at NYU (LDR 003) – an online course that provides guidance for supervising employees, including information on key employment laws and NYU policies that affect how you lead
- Performance Communication at NYU (PRO 402) – an online course that guides you through the stages of the NYU performance communication process
- Leading for High Performance (LDR 004) – an instructor-led course that equips you to drive performance of your team year round through high-impact communication, feedback, and performance coaching tools
- Leading Teams (LDR 005) – a multi-session instructor-led course focused on the stages of group development and how to successfully create high-functioning, purpose-driven, and inclusive teams
- The instructor-led courses include discussion, role plays, and other activities to help you build your skills and connect you with your peers
- Other than LDR 001 and PRO 402, courses may be completed in any order at your convenience
- Online programs may be completed through any computer
- Upon completion of all six courses, you will receive an official completion certificate
Is the program for me?
Critical Skills for Emerging Leaders is recommended for all new supervisors with fewer than 18 months of leadership experience. It is also suitable for those wishing to move into a supervisory role. More experienced supervisors or managers interested in improving their leadership skills might also consider participating in this program.
How do I enroll?
- Login to NYUHome and select the Work tab
- Locate and click the NYUiLearn link
- In the Search field, type Managers as Leaders or LDR 001 (insert space between LDR and 001)
- On the LDR 001 page, click Enroll