What’s featured in the program?
- Two online and three classroom courses:
- Managers as Leaders (LDR 001) – an online program that includes a self-assessment of your leadership skills and an overview of what it means to be a leader at NYU and in general
- Leading Communication Successfully (LDR 002) – a classroom program that focuses on effective communication skills, including active listening and speaking with intent
- Leading Employees at NYU (LDR 003) – an online program that provides guidance for supervising employees, including information on key employment laws and NYU policies that affect how you lead
- Leading for High Performance (LDR 004) – a classroom session on navigating the performance communication cycle at NYU and effectively managing your employees’ performance
- Leading Teams (LDR 005) – A multi-session course focused on the factors that drive team performance that you can practice between sessions
- The classroom sessions include discussion, role plays, and other activities to help you build your skills and connect you with your peers
- Other than LDR 001, courses may be completed in any order at your convenience
- Online programs are brief and may be completed through any computer
- Upon completion of all five courses, you will be able to enroll in LDR 006 and receive instruction on how to print your certificate of completion
Is the program for me?
Critical Skills for Emerging Leaders is recommended for all new supervisors and managers with fewer than 18 months of leadership experience. It is also suitable for those wishing to move into a supervisory role. More experienced supervisors or managers interested in improving their leadership skills might also consider participating in this program.
How do I enroll?
- Login to NYUHome and select the Work tab
- Locate and click the NYUiLearn link
- In the Search field, type Managers as Leaders or LDR 001 (insert space between LDR and 001)
- On the LDR 001 page, click Enroll