Eligibility for Retiree Medical and Life Insurance Benefits
You are eligible for retiree medical and life insurance benefits from NYU if:
- your age plus years of continuous, full-time service equals 70 or more, and you're at least age 55 with at least ten years of service;
- or you completed ten years of continuous, full-time service as of September 1, 1991, regardless of age;
- or if you have 15 or more years of continuous, full-time service and you are found eligible for Long-Term Disability.
An eligible Dependent is considered to be:
- Your legal Spouse / registered Domestic Partner
- Your or your Spouse's/ Domestic Partner’s child(ren):
- who are under age 26. (applicable to the Point of Service (POS) Plans)
- who are under age 19 or under the age of 25, unmarried, and a full-time student. (applicable to the Retiree Medical Plan)
- who become disabled (applicable to all plans)
For more details, see Coverage for Dependents (PDF).