Full-time NYU employees and retirees and their families have access to an exciting benefit from Health Advocate, Inc., the nation’s leading health care advocacy and assistance program. Health Advocate is an independent company comprised of nurses, doctors, claims specialists, social workers, and other professionals who can help you navigate the intricacies of the health care system. This service is provided at no cost to you and is available to you, your spouse, dependents, parents, and parents-in-law regardless of whether you are currently covered by a University benefit plan.
Ways you might lean on Health Advocate:
- To identify and make appointments to see the appropriate physician or hospital for an illness.
- To review your current benefit plan options and help you decide which plan is right for you and your family during open enrollment.
- For help with insurance claims and billing issues.
- To assist with the transfer of medical records, x-rays, and lab results prior to a scheduled appointment with a new physician.
- For help with medical issues and health care needs that your parents or parents in-law might have.
- To identify alternative resources for health care related services that might not be covered by the NYU employee benefits programs.
- To help understand tests, treatments, and medications recommended or prescribed by a physician.
When you call Health Advocate to assist with a health care issue, you will be assigned a Personal Health Advocate (PHA) who will remain with you through the resolution of the problem. Simply call Health Advocate at 866-695-8622 or visit their website at www.healthadvocate.com. There are no enrollment forms. Health Advocate will ask you to complete a medical information release form. Please be assured that all of your information will be kept strictly confidential by Health Advocate, and your privacy protected.
Note: Health Advocate does not replace the customer service lines of our health plans or the services provided by the Optum Employee Assistance Program or by NYU PeopleLink representatives. By offering Health Advocate in tandem with these other vital resources, NYU is taking another step to ensure that our employees have access to the best possible health care. We believe that you and your family will benefit greatly from this valuable service!