The commutation benefit administered by HealthEquity offers a convenient opportunity to use pre- and post-tax payroll deductions to pay for your commuting expenses.
You may enroll in commuter benefits at any time throughout the year:
- Enroll via the HealthEquity website. (First time users will need to register using the last four digits of your University ID.)
- Select your transit pass and/or parking provider (PDF: 305 KB).
- Reminder: The fourth day of each month is the deadline to make changes for the following benefit month.
You may submit claims by hard copy or one of the flexible payment options:
- Convenient home delivery of your monthly transit pass
- Pre-paid local transit agency smart cards, if available
- HealthEquity commuter card that works like a debit card
You may also arrange to have your monthly payment sent directly to your parking provider, or pay to park, and then get reimbursed.
Commuter / Parking Card Participants
- If you have a balance on either the HealthEquity Commuter or Parking card that you can no longer use, contact the HealthEquity Member Services team at 866-735-8195.
- If your circumstances meet the criteria, your pre-tax balance can be converted to credits on your commuter account.
- These credits can be applied towards future transit or parking orders.
- Any post-tax dollars included in your balance will be returned directly to you via check or direct deposit.
- Note that you will need to cancel any future or recurring debit card orders already in place.
- Also note if your balance is converted to credits on your account, any future orders will be deducted from the credit thus offsetting the deduction from your paychecks until the credit is depleted.