2022 Annual Enrollment
Annual Enrollment for Your 2021 Benefits is October 25 to November 8, 2021
During Annual Enrollment, you have the opportunity to review your current benefits elections and make changes that become effective January 1, 2022. Unless you experience a qualifying life event, Annual Enrollment is the only opportunity to make benefits elections and changes.
- View your UnitedHealthcare (UHC) medical plans options.
- View your 2022 monthly contributions for medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) contribution limits for High Deductible Health Plan participants will increase to $3,650 for an individual and $7,300 for family in 2022.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Consider enrolling in a health care or dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible health care expenses and eligible dependent care expenses. Requires an active election.
- "Use it or Lose it" Rule and the Consolidated Appropriations Act FSA Changes: Health Care FSAs and Dependent Care FSAs are ordinarily subject to an IRS “use it or lose it” rule that requires unused DCFSA balances at the end of a plan year to be forfeited and permits a maximum of $550 unused HCFSA funds to be carried over into the following plan year. The Consolidated Appropriations Act allows for all unused HCFSA and DCFSA funds from plan year 2021 to automatically carry over to the following plan year. Even if you do not re-enroll in a HCFSA or a DCFSA for 2022, you will still be able to use the funds remaining in your account from 2021. Carryover funds from 2021 will be posted to participant accounts on or about April 15, 2022. HCFSA and DCFSA elections for 2022 will be subject to the IRS "use it or lose it" rule.
Supplemental Life Insurance
- The monthly cost for Supplemental Life Insurance will be determined by the amount elected in accordance with the rate schedule. Rates are per $1,000 of insurance. Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is required for all new enrollees or current participants electing an increase in coverage. During Annual Enrollment, you may increase coverage by a $5,000 increment without providing Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
Reminder: FSAs Require an Annual Election
To participate in a Health or Dependent Care FSA in 2022, you must make your elections during Annual Enrollment.
Did you know that even if you receive a Dependent Care FSA contribution through the Child Care Subsidy Program, you still may be able to contribute your own pre-tax dollars to a Dependent Care FSA? For more information, see "Subsidy Disbursement" in the Child Care Subsidy Program Summary (PDF).
- If you wish to remain in your current plans, with the exception of Flexible Spending Accounts, you need not take any action during Annual Enrollment; your plan elections will remain the same in 2022, covering the same dependent(s) as long as they remain eligible.
- If you are adding a dependent to health care coverage for the first time, dependent relationship proofs, e.g., marriage certificate, birth certificate, must be submitted to PeopleLink no later than December 1, 2021 in order for dependent coverage to take effect on January 1, 2022.
- If you need assistance enrolling in your benefits through the Benefits Resource Center during Annual Enrollment, follow these steps (Google Doc).
- Use the robust Decision Support Tool, available in the Benefits Resource Center during Annual Enrollment, to estimate how much each medical plan will cost in the coming year based on your monthly contributions and anticipated use of medical services. The tool models "in-network" medical services and does not calculate out-of-network utilization. Information regarding out-of-network benefit levels are available via the “Compare Plans” button. See the step-by-step instructions (Google Doc).
- Reminder: The Benefits Resource Center has integrated AudioEye’s accessibility technology to enhance your user experience on your desktop. To enable, click “settings” under your name in the right corner of the BRC Landing Page. Click “Enable AudioEye” to turn on. This can be updated at any time.
To ensure your enrollment is successfully submitted, be sure you receive a confirmation number. You may save your elections in PDF format.