NYU Langone Health Copay Waiver Program
New York University has partnered with NYU Langone Health to implement a medical plan enhancement to waive copays or coinsurance for employees enrolled in select UnitedHealthcare (UHC) medical plans, effective June 1, 2020.
You will be eligible for a copay waiver when you see an NYU Langone Faculty Group Practice (FGP) primary care or OB/GYN provider if you are enrolled in the following plans:
- UHC Choice Plus Value Point of Service Plan
- UHC Choice Plus Advantage Point of Service Plan
You will be eligible for a coinsurance waiver when you see an NYU Langone FGP primary care or OB/GYN provider after you meet your deductible if you are enrolled in:
- UHC High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with Health Savings Account (HSA)
There are several ways to search for a participating NYU Langone FGP provider participating in this program:
UnitedHealthcare website or mobile app
Participating NYU Langone physicians will be designated as a "Tier 1 Provider".
NYU Langone FGP providers will display first in a physician search.
First time users on myuhc.com will need the member ID number from their UHC ID card to register for access.
Example: UnitedHealthcare Provider search (click to enlarge)
NYU Langone Provider website or mobile app
To schedule an appointment:
- Search for "primary care," "obstetrics," or "gynecology"
- Select your insurance carrier: UnitedHealthcare (UHC)
- Select your medical plan: UnitedHealthcare Value, Advantage, and HDHP (New York University Employees). Filter your search by Zip Code, if applicable
- Look for providers with a purple check mark symbol next to their photo in the search results to ensure you select an NYU Langone Health FGP provider who is participating in this waiver program.
- To schedule an appointment with a provider, select the desired date and time or click on their profile for additional options. You can also select "Request an Appointment," indicate your desired dates and times, and the practice will reach out to confirm your appointment.
- Once your appointment is scheduled, you will see a confirmation screen and receive an email confirmation with appointment details.