New Parents & Families
As a new parent and family member, we want to be sure that you are ready to Thrive at NYU. Below we list some communications, events, and resources created specifically for our new parents and family members:
Outreach & Engagement
As a result of our outreach and engagement efforts, we aim to help parents and families serve as supportive partners in empowering their student’s journey and holistic success. Specifically, we work with parents on the following:
- University Life Foundations — helping parents and families understand today’s college student experience and the relationship between students, parents, and a university.
- Being A Compass — equipping parents and families with the information to support their students’ NYU experience.
- Violet Family Pride — providing opportunities for NYU parents and families to engage, connect, and contribute.
Communications & Events
Mark your calendars! Registration for our New Parents & Families Webinars will open soon! Learn more about each webinar.
- June 21 — It’s the Start of Something New!
- July 13 — Mental and Physical Wellbeing at NYU
- July 22 — Families of International Students
- July 27 — Preparing For Your Arrival In New York City
- August 3 — Navigating New York City
- August 17 — Finding Your Home at NYU
Parents and families of students starting who will start in New York in fall 2022 received a formal welcome email on June 6 outlining important information and upcoming events.
If you did not receive the welcome email, please subscribe to our Parents & Families email list to ensure you receive future communications.
Additionally, most messages that we send to all undergraduate students will be followed by an accompanying version for parents/families within a few days of the original student email.
NYU's New Student Send-Offs are an opportunity for incoming students and families to build relationships with the Violet community in their hometowns before the start of the semester. Updates and new events will be added in the coming weeks, so we encourage you to visit this page regularly.
Resources & Info
Student Welcome Information
NYU Welcome serves as the main source of information for new students, including information about orientation, registration, contact numbers, and important dates and deadlines.
If you have any additional questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Parents & Families Help Line at (212) 998-4219 (Monday–Friday, 9AM to 5PM ET).
In case of emergency:
Campus Safety — (212) 998-2222
Wellness Exchange — (212) 443-9999