1 Washington Mews, Ireland House
NYU will be completing facade repairs and a roof replacement project at Ireland House, 1 Washington Mews. The project is scheduled to begin in mid-August and continue through January 2023.
- Work hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Some night and weekend work may be required.
- Neighbors will be given advance notice if work hours change.
Current Project Update
December 22, 2022
- Contractors are not scheduled to work on Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Work will continue through January.
Previous Project Updates
December 16, 2022
- Contractors are scheduled to work this Saturday, December 17 from 9am-5pm. Work will include waterproofing and other exterior work.
September 6, 2022
- Contractors have completed installation of the sidewalk bridge and scaffolding.
- Weather permitting, exterior facade repairs are scheduled to begin the week of September 12.
August 11, 2022
- Installation of the sidewalk bridge is scheduled to begin the week of August 15.
Scope of Work
- This project consists of demolition, abatement, façade masonry repairs, installation of new roofing materials, and upgrades to the HVAC system.
- Contractors will follow safe abatement protocols for the removal of all hazardous materials.
- Sidewalk bridging will be installed around the perimeter of the building for pedestrian safety.
- This work will require the occasional grinding and removal of mortar and masonry. As with any active construction site, noise, dust and possible vibrations may be generated in the area immediately surrounding the work.
- Parking restrictions on the Mews will be in place for the duration of the project.
- As with any active construction site, dust will be generated in the area immediately surrounding the work and noise will be generated by mechanical equipment and hand held tools.
- All work is weather and site conditions permitting.