6 Metrotech, Screen Wall Removal
NYU will be demolishing a screening wall between floors 4 and 8. This project is scheduled to begin in mid-July and continue into September. All work is weather and site conditions permitting.
- Work hours are Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.
- Weekend hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.
- Neighbors will be given advance notice if work hours change.
Current Project Update
December 22, 2022
- Work is substantially complete, contractors are completing puchlist items.
- Work is scheduled to be completed in mid-January.
Previous Project Updates
September 6, 2022
- Demolition is expected to continue for the rest of the week.
- Restoration is scheduled to begin once demolition is complete.
- Contractors are scheduled to work weekends for the duration of the project. Hours are from 7:00am-3:30pm.
August 26, 2022
- Demolition is expected to continue through mid-September.
- Contractors are scheduled to work on Saturday, August 27 from 7:00am-3:30pm.
August 11, 2022
- Contractors are scheduled to complete abatement on Friday, August 12.
- Demolition is scheduled to begin on Monday, August 15. This will include intermittent noise as the screen wall is removed.
August 4, 2022
- Contractors are scheduled to begin abatement on Friday, August 5. This work will occur during off hours from 4:00pm-12:00am. Contractors will follow safe abatement protocols for the removal of all hazardous materials.
- Pending permits and city approval, demolition is scheduled to begin on Friday, August 12.
July 11, 2022
- Contractors are installing a sidewalk bridge around the perimeter of the building for pedestrian safety the week of July 11, 2022.
Scope of Work
- This project consists of demolition, torching, and grinding to remove the exterior skin.
- Contractors will follow safe abatement protocols for the removal of all hazardous materials.
- Sidewalk bridging will be installed around the perimeter of the building for pedestrian safety.
- As with any active construction site, dust will be generated in the area immediately surrounding the work and noise will be generated during the torching and skin removal process.
- All work is weather and site conditions permitting.