4 Washington Place, LL11 Facade Repairs
New York University is performing standard Local Law 11 repairs to the facade of 4-6 Washington Place. The project is scheduled to begin in early August 2021 and continue until spring 2022.
- Work hours are Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Night and weekend work may be required. Neighbors will be given advance notice of night or weekend work.
Current Project Update
August 3, 2021
Sidewalk bridge installation is scheduled to commence on Tuesday, August 10th followed by the installation of pipe scaffolding.
Previous Project Updates
July 27, 2021
Contractors are scheduled to begin installing the sidewalk bridge on Thursday, August 5. Pipe scaffolding will also be installed throughout August. All work is weather permitting.
July 14, 2021
The sidewalk bridge will be installed in early August.
Scope of Work
- As in most Local Law 11 cases, work will be performed by contractors using swing scaffold to lower themselves down the side of the building.
- Facade repairs will require the occasional grinding and removal of mortar and masonry. This work is done with small hand tools and will create some noise. A minimal amount of dust will be generated in the area immediately surrounding the work.
- If any asbestos containing material, or ACM, is detected in the mastic that lies behind the brick facade, contractors will implement safe abatement protocols to securely dispose of it.
- Sidewalk bridging will be installed around the perimeter of the building for pedestrian safety.