29 Washington Place, LL11 Facade Repairs
New York University is performing standard Local Law 11 repairs to the facade of 29 Washington Place. The project is scheduled to begin in mid-May and continue through August. All work is weather and site condition permitting.
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Current Project Update
May 15, 2020
Contractors are scheduled to begin installation of the sidewalk shed on Monday, May 18.
Previous Project Updates
Project updates will be posted here as the project continues.
Scope of Work
- As in most Local Law 11 cases, work will be performed by contractors using swing scaffold to lower themselves down the side of the building.
- Facade repairs will require the occasional grinding and removal of mortar and masonry. This work is done with small hand tools and will create some noise. A minimal amount of dust will be generated in the area immediately surrounding the work.
- If any asbestos containing material, or ACM, is detected in the mastic that lies behind the brick facade, contractors will implement safe abatement protocols to securely dispose of it.
- Sidewalk bridging will be installed on Washington Place and Greene Street around the perimeter of the building to protect pedestrian traffic.
- As with any active construction site, dust will be generated in the area immediately surrounding the work and noise will be generated by mechanical equipment and hand held tools.