35 West 4th Street, LL 11 Facade Repairs
New York University is performing standard Local Law 11 repairs to the facade of 35 West 4th Street. The project is scheduled to begin in early September and continue through December. All work is weather and site condition permitting.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Current Project Update
August 29, 2019
Contractors are scheduled to begin the installation of sidewalk shed and pipe scaffolding the week of September 2. Installation is scheduled to occur over two weeks.
Previous Project Updates
March 23, 2018
Contractors are scheduled to install sidewalk bridging the week of March 26.
Scope of Work
- As in most Local Law 11 cases, work will be performed by contractors using swing scaffold to lower themselves down the side of the building.
- Facade repairs will require the occasional grinding and removal of mortar and masonry. This work is done with small hand tools and will create some noise. A minimal amount of dust will be generated in the area immediately surrounding the work.
- If any asbestos containing material, or ACM, is detected in the mastic that lies behind the brick facade, contractors will implement safe abatement protocols to securely dispose of it.
- Sidewalk bridging will be installed on Washington Place and Greene Street around the perimeter of the building to protect pedestrian traffic.
- Sidewalk bridging and pipe scaffolding will be installed to protect pedestrian traffic around the perimeter of the building on Greene Street and West 4th Street.