35 West 4th Street, Facade Repairs
NYU is performing facade repairs at 35 West 4th Street. This project is scheduled to begin in July and continue until January 2024. This project will include demolition, facade restoration, and sidewalk bridging with pipe scaffolding. Sidewalk bridging with pipe scaffolding is scheduled to commence in June and remain in place throughout the duration of the project.
- Work hours are Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m with quiet mobilization beginning at 6:00 am.
- Night and weekend work may be required. Neighbors will be given advance notice of night or weekend work.
Current Project Update
August 3, 2023
- Contractors are scheduled to begin installation of the sidewalk bridge along West 4th Street the week of Monday, August 7.
Previous Project Updates
Project updates will be posted here as the project continues.
Scope of Work
- This project consists of demolition, facade restoration, and sidewalk bridging with pipe scaffolding.
- Sidewalk bridging will be installed around the perimeter of the building for pedestrian safety.
- As with any active construction site, dust will be generated in the area immediately surrounding the work and noise will be generated by mechanical equipment, such as chipping hammers.
- All work is weather and site conditions permitting.