20 Cooper Square, Sidewalk Vault Repair
NYU is completing a sidewalk vault repair project at 20 Cooper Square. This will include demolition of the existing sidewalk and pouring of a new sidewalk. The project is scheduled to begin in mid-May and continue until July 2020.
- Work hours are Monday - Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm.
- Night and weekend work may be required. Neighbors will be given advance notice of night or weekend work.
Current Project Update
June 11, 2020
Contractors are scheduled to work on Saturday, June 13. Work hours are 8:00am-4:30pm.
Previous Project Updates
May 12, 2020
In order to maintain site safety, contractors will construct a sidewalk bridge along Cooper Square in front of the building. The sidewalk bridge is scheduled to be installed on Wednesday, May 13. Installation will continue through the end of the week.
Scope of Work
- This project consists of demolition, vault repairs, and pouring of a new sidewalk.
- A concrete truck will be onsite during the pouring stage of the project.
- As with any active construction site, dust will be generated in the area immediately surrounding the work and noise will be generated by mechanical equipment such as jackhammers and hand held tools.